which shocks would last longer?

genobee

5+ Year Member
kyb agx vs. tokico illumina or HP

just got some coilover sleeves and am looking for some new shocks. planning to lower it pass 1.5 so i need something that will hold up.

oh and konis are out of the question.

Zee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Tokico

Zee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do you think tokicos could handle about a 2 drop without going on me?
They should handle much better than stock shocks and will last you longer. I don't know about they're longevity though.

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got agx and im dump about 2.5 hitting mad pot hole and my shock haven't blown yet.

xquesiano

Air Head
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why are koni's out of the question? IMO it is the best solution here.

kyb agx shocks warranty is void (if i remember correctly) if lowered more than 1.5 inches, and with sleeve kits.

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why are koni's out of the question? IMO it is the best solution here.

kyb agx shocks warranty is void (if i remember correctly) if lowered more than 1.5 inches, and with sleeve kits.
yeah i know that forsure but the shock haven't blown yet in 3years the why i hit pot holes.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for the money your going to spend on a shock+sleeve combo you could probably get a decent set of full coils.

i got my omni powers for around $700 and my car is pretty low

xquesiano

Air Head
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i know that forsure but the shock haven't blown yet in 3years the why i hit pot holes.
i had this set up and i wasn't so lucky. i think they are garbage, yet again for what they are worth they are good...

and, stop hitting pot holes, dodge them, you're putting unnecessary stress on your suspension components.

xquesiano

Air Head
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for the money your going to spend on a shock+sleeve combo you could probably get a decent set of full coils.

i got my omni powers for around $700 and my car is pretty low
^^^ This. take a look at the eibach pro-street s coilovers. very decent for the price, 2 year warranty.

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had this set up and i wasn't so lucky. i think they are garbage, yet again for what they are worth they are good...

and, stop hitting pot holes, dodge them, you're putting unnecessary stress on your suspension components.
so what set up u got now??