Which spark plug leads?

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Looking for new plug leads, I think most people will be telling me to go OEM leads, but my other options are:

~£30 OEM Leads
£75 – Magnecor Competition (£132 with NGK Iridium plugs)
£145 – Nology Hotwires
£145 – Spoon

Personally I prefer the Spoon ones, they look so sweet, but I hear that Nology perform much better. Magnecor only come in Red, which would not match my engine bay (mostly blue with bronze bits).

I already have the spoon grounding kit:

What do you think? Spoon?

Thanks

Have a great Christmas everybody!

sidewayzinCA

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have no experience with either but i would say that spoon is a good company, but for spark plug wires i would really consider nology they make good s**t. if other ppl say nology is definatly better than another than its a clear choice.

xzodiackillerx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stock wires!!!! all the way ... stay away from wires that have a ground ... those are capacitor wires and make your spark brighter and shorter... for good burn you need a long good spark... get the cheap NGK ones and use the money elsewaer on the car

91SIHatch

SOHC IT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So if spoon only came in red you wouldnt get them? Go for function....I have magnecors, no problems here.....but cant go wrong with ngk's

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What's done to your car?

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for all the help so far,

NOFX said:
What's done to your car?

Pictures are a bit old now...

B16A2 swap
Mild Port and Polish
62mm throttle body
HKS Super Power Flow with Custom piping
HKS Iridium Spark Plugs
Skunk2 Valve Springs
Spoon Earth Code Grounding System
5Zigen Manifold
Decat
Custom SS Exhaust
Blue Silicone Hose

Coming Soon...
??? Plug Leads
Skunk2 Cams (stage 1)
Skunk2 Cam Gears
s200

TBH I was just going to get oem honda leads, until I saw the Spoon ones... I fell in love with them... they would look so good in the engine bay!

I have Spoon Sports Europe on my doorstep, so I will likely be getting lots of stuff from there, Mugen is difficult to get in the UK, unless you import from Japan yourself.

Just looking to see what everyone else thinks.