Which Spark Plugs for Turbo Hondas?

djmobil2

5+ Year Member
Hello,
I have a 2006 CIVIC Si and I installed an AJPerformance Turbo kit. This kit comes completely with 680cc injectors and wallbro fuel pump. I also reflashed the ECU with Hondata. They have a reflash for this turbo kit setup for tuning @8.5 PSI But I really don't know what spark plugs should I use for a turbo Honda and what gap for it. At this moment I have been trying to set with NGK BKR7E-11 but didn't found the proper gap for setting (low RPM response and misfires) I would like to know if is best to go for NGK Iridium BKR7EIX-11 but I have my doubts on the .044 gap of it. Do someone give me some advice?? :roll:

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had a guy tell me that you cant run iridium plugs on a turbocharged car. i wouldnt think it would matter but are you not supposed to run those?

Winki

just an innerfooler ;)
5+ Year Member
NGK BKR7e
i believe

Almighty-Si

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had a guy tell me that you cant run iridium plugs on a turbocharged car. i wouldnt think it would matter but are you not supposed to run those?
Correct. Iridiums and platniums dont dissipate heat very well which in boosted applications is bad for a couple reasons but what happens is it makes the ground electrodes so hot that they tend to break off. Seen it a million times.

I personally run NGK #9's but 7's should do you just fine. Start with a gap of .32 and see how the car runs, if you get blow out, then pull them and gap them tighter. Keep doing it until your problem goes away and leave them there.