which swap... gsr B18C1 or h22a1?

2khonda

5+ Year Member
I got a couple of engines right being sold to me and i dont know whitch one to buy.. 1 is a H22A1 the other is a b18c1 OBD II I got a 00 civic thanks a lot for your opinions

jonmaltese6thg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
b18c FTW!! looking for allround reliabilaty??or strait up dangerous power??? dangerous meaning its not made to fit into a civic ,n ur civic would probably need new suspension n brakes to ride safely and enjoyably,the b18 is much more reasonable even though its a bit weaker they are still fun!!

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would go B18C1 then boost it later on down the road. JMO

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i would just get the obd II b18c1 cause u wont have to worry about inspection s**t

swappedhatch069

5+ Year Member
do h2b h22 motor b series tranny b series shift linkage bseries mounts and b series axles and the h2b conversion mount for the tranny to fit on the h22 i have a gsr b18c jdm with 40k on it looking to sell for 1000 just for the motor or willing to trade for a b18a1 or b18b1 obd1 motor and some cash

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
H22 if you just want to be fast in a strait line and lose all the comfort options

GSR will most likely cost about a grand more but they are a drop and swap and can produce good power with little modification

enderrorism

5+ Year Member
H22 if you just want to be fast in a strait line and lose all the comfort options

GSR will most likely cost about a grand more but they are a drop and swap and can produce good power with little modification
ive told people the same thing but since I have under 3000 posts I get flamed on :cry::cry::cry:

Black99CivicSi

Honda GSR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmmm, i love my gsr but on my next motor swap i wanna try the H22a......ah probably not maybe K's

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
h22 will be faster than the b18 but require more work to get in where the b18 is easy to to drop in.i would like to try the h22 sometime but i just put a B18b in mine