which wheels and tires combo?

rsw912

Could you guys give me some recommendations on wheel and tire sizes for my 95 civic. I'm lowering the car 2.5 inches all around and i want a decent size wheel but i do not want it to scrub but i also want the car pretty low to the ground. What would you recommend and wheel and tire size? i think im just going to buy the wheels off of eBay. You can also add pics if you would like and explain what you are running. Thanks alot guys.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
16s, i dont feel my 17s anymore.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
People usually stick with 15" and 16".

15x6.5 or 15x7's. Tire sizes for 15's are usually 195/50, 195/55, and 205/50. There have been other sizes but that's what I've seen usually. I've seen 205/55 but I think it was on a 7th gen and those have a bigger wheel well as far as I know. It's all user preference. Do you want a thinner/meatier tire? Do you want skinnier/wider tire?

16's are usually 16x7's. I'm not sure if it applies to 5th gen's, and I don't see why it wouldn't, but 205/45 is as close to "stock size" (AKA the least amount you'll throw your speedometer off by) as you can get on a 6th gen.

Also, be sure to get the right offset wheels. More commonly purchased wheels for Honda's come in, I would say, +35-+45 since the wheels on our cars have a very high offset and companies know this. But you can purchase wheels with a lower offset so just beware. 2.5" isn't TOO low but it's enough to cause fitment/rubbing issues if you get low offset wheels and/or wide tires. I'm lowered 2-2.5" and I have 16x7 +42 wheels with 205/45 tires and I can't fit a finger between the tire and rear quarter panel.

Everything is up to you. It doesn't matter what we have to say because in the end, it's your car and you need to make it look the way you want it.

98 coupe

i would go with 15" rims and stock size tires, my buddys eg was on the ground and 15" looked so fresh. also try not to get anything to wide as they might rub with the car being that low