Which wheels are better?

210LowLife(:

Hello, I have a eg sedan, currently sitting on rotas. I want somerhing else though and some guy is offering me Si's. Before I go through with this I wanna know other peoples opinions on the two sets of wheels. Dont care which ones look better to others just trying to get some info on which wheels will last longer and not bring so much attention. Thanks in advance for your input.=)

my93civic

Stock wheels won't attract as much attention and I would imagine last longer but I think it's just a matter of personal preference

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Which rotas? I hate knockoff wheels so i say go with si's

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hello, I have a eg sedan, currently sitting on rotas. I want somerhing else though and some guy is offering me Si's. Before I go through with this I wanna know other peoples opinions on the two sets of wheels. Dont care which ones look better to others just trying to get some info on which wheels will last longer and not bring so much attention. Thanks in advance for your input.=)
Attention? the stock ones (si)
last longer? depends on how you treat them. they're not going to break themselves.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I traded Rota Circuit8's straight up for a set of LS Mesh rims back when I had my hatch. Way lower profile as far as attracting attention. Worth it to me. People throw OEMs around like nothing, but a stock set, not painted, bent, or curbed to s**t, would likely be more sought after. Not a huge Rota fan, but some look ok.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had Si rims. Sold them for Rotas Circuit 8s.

That said, Si wheels will definitely attract less attention, but why not just get some cheap stock rims if you don't want to attract attention? Si wheels cost a bit of cash. You're better off selling your current rims and buying some cheap ones. You'll probably make money instead of breaking even.

As far as lasting you longer, both sets of wheels are likely to last forever. Rota construction is fine. Si construction is fine. Si wheels may be slightly less likely to break early, but neither are likely to break at all.

I'm now going to move this to the wheels / tires section.

mikekh10a

Registered VIP
OP, since your username has the numbers 210 and it says you're from tx, i assume you're located in San Antonio. I know first hand that the honda problem there is crazy, I'd say for sure get the SI wheels, because I hear so many night mare stories of people stealing hondas, wheels, even random exterior parts, EVEN IN BROAD DAY LIGHT

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
People think Si wheels are so damn special, I could see them as attractino just as much attention as the rotas.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
People think Si wheels are so damn special, I could see them as attractino just as much attention as the rotas.
I could definitely see this as a possibility. I suppose it depends on how well-researched your local thieves are. Some are very knowledgeable. Others look for flashy-looking parts. So yes, if the thieves are knowledgeable about civics (a real possibility), Si wheels could attract an equal amount of attention.

In the end, I still hold to my recommendation. Sell your rims and buy some crappy, non Si, stocks. You'll make out better, all around.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Until u come outside and your car is on blocks
And being that the OP is in Texas, it won't matter what he's rolling on. If it's left outside it'll probably be jacked. Real, fake, or oem apart from steelies

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And being that the OP is in Texas, it won't matter what he's rolling on. If it's left outside it'll probably be jacked. Real, fake, or oem apart from steelies

That bad huh? And y do i want to move to Texas?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah its shitty as far as thieves, but the cost of living brings everyone down here. It's an evil temptation

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah its shitty as far as thieves, but the cost of living brings everyone down here. It's an evil temptation

My line of work is what brings me there. Lookin at San Antonio though.

Jermee

Registered VIP
I don't take my car to shows in Houston/south Texas. Car thieves are on point down there...especially for Hondas

My line of work is what brings me there. Lookin at San Antonio though.

Move to Texas...I'll come visit you

Last edited by a moderator:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't take my car to shows in Houston/south Texas. Car thieves are on point down there...especially for Hondas

Move to Texas...I'll come visit you
We are trying. Might be a few years out...

my93civic

Just use open end lug nuts and spot weld the nut to the stud

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's a brilliant idea, because wheels never have to come off of a car. Then you can weld the doors shut so that nobody can get into the car as well. Let's weld everything!