White 1989 Si USDM

joshd_bh

Here is my 1989 Honda Civic Si. It has about 134,000 miles. I have not modified it at all, only replacing what is necessary. I have put on a Password:JDM oil cap and shifter knob just for fun. I kept the oem parts of course. I want to clean it up and make it look mint. It's in pretty good shape, but I want it clean enough to eat off of. Unfortunately, I live in Colorado where the weather rapidly changes. What can I do to clean it up? I DON"T want to rice it. I would LOVE any and all suggestions to help clean anything up. Engine bay, interior, exterior, everything! Thanks!

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A simple "clean up" i did with my crx was on the black bump trim pieces around the car. cleaned them, taped off above and below and bought some paint at advanced for 2 at $6 a piece and painted all the black bits and boy when the car was washed and those painted it look right off showroom floor.

this pain
t

joshd_bh

I also know that it's an ED7. The EF is from Japan. Is the chasis design the same? Technically speaking, is there much of a difference between the ED and EF? Could mine be passed off as an EF? I ask because at the time, I thought my Si was an EF and bought a sticker saying "I <3 my EF," only to find out that it isn't an EF...

The sticker can be seen in the left quarter panel in the first picture. It looks like this:

joshd_bh

Is that CRX yellow stock? I've never seen anything like it.

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is that CRX yellow stock? I've never seen anything like it.
Yes, repainted stock yellow. Hard to find where I am from and only one of 2 i have seen ever.

Also for it to be an EF it has to have EF in the VIN # but since it's USDM it's an ED. Some people care if you refer to it as an EF when it's not. I don't care because more people know when you say EF model they know which style it is.

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks clean man, almost bought a 91 si that looked identical

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Another coloradian welcome!!! Had a 89 si awhile back loved it and still miss it

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I also know that it's an ED7. The EF is from Japan. Is the chassis design the same?
Generally speaking, yes.
JDM version of this is obviously right hand drive, but the EF9 was also available in LHD variety in some euro countries. Also the JDM and Euro versions are available with different motor varieties (most popular being the DOHC Vtec b16) and some different interior variations/configurations. Many are bolt in replacements or need minor modifications to fit and work in US cars.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love it too but parts for the front are so hard to find.
Are they?
I always tend to see more of these hatchbacks in the salvage yards, more so than the Crx from that same generation.

joshd_bh

Are they?
I always tend to see more of these hatchbacks in the salvage yards, more so than the Crx from that same generation.
I have found one hatch in a salvage yard. Its far off from where I live and it was already torn apart. The rust was crazy too.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hell ya! Keep it bone stock and maintain it!

Welcome to a fellow coloradan!