white cars !

vinnybones

Take it to the street
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anybody with a white civic feel like after they wash there car they arnt happy with it?..like i wash my car and it seems like its not as white as it could be..so i been wondering to get that extra off would b it ok to spray like simple green all over my car or is that a bad choice?

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol. I don't know if I'd try that. Color-sand it if it's dingy.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
try some acetone, itll work wonders on ur car

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i spray simple green on my front bumper and wheels/tires windows, mirrors exhaust to get it as clean as possible. Just remember to wax, the area later.

I have to wear the sunglasses when i wash my white ES2

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ever heard of Polish and Wax? Punch yourself in the face if you haven't.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I had my old 77 cougar, i used some ajax with bleach mixed in with my soap. It turned that s**t bright white. Nice wax job after and the paint looked new.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pfff..... you guys wash your cars:roll:

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
prepare for tennis elbow lol

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can use simple green, or any degreaser when washing your car. Its great at getting bugs off your front bumper/headlights/hood/mirrors/window. I do it ALOT at work. Just be sure to follow up w/some wax (like stated above). Wax usually turns white cars, back to white. You'll notice when you wax, that your applicator pad will be really dirty. Its all the dirt caked on the paint. White cars are just as hard/bad to keep clean as black cars, if not worse.

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
vinnybones

I think you should try a several stage polish, That's what I did and give a wax after. Next time you wash you car, you'll be happy. Then detail spray down the car and wipe it with a micro fiber towel.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wash, claybar, polish, glaze then wax.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
or water. i do mine as i wash it then dry it afterwards

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
From a hose. You don't need anything special by any means. Just some kind or lubrication for the clay bar to slide on. Plus is much faster doing that way since you dont have to wash it, dry it and then clay bar it with the stuff they give you.

Edit: Here is my car after I did a wash, clay bar, polish and wax (Didn't have time to glaze)

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't recommend using water because water has minor chlorine and other contaminate stuff that can harm your coat. Why use something that will damage your clear coat? If you use a special spray it's formular to work with the bar and give you a better smooth results. That's my opinion.

If you want to save a few bucks on a bottle of spray that can care more about your coat then water, then go it.