white ej1, not done yet!

wdwalker

only blown the intake air
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
white ej1, rotas, gsr gauges, pioneer, turbo in works

heres a white 95 civic dx. exhaust, intake, hypergrounded it, did some weight reduction stuff (took out sound dampening under carpet, took out a/c, spare tire/jack), black corners, diy black headlights, integra ls gauge cluster, painted all black plastic stuff white, rerouted and hid wiring harnesses in engine bay. gray to black interior conversion using plastikote vinyl dye (came out really well, im just skurred to do my front seats). 15" rota c8's on 205/50/15HR kuhmo 711s.

AUDIO:
Pioneer Premiere DEH-P5500MP (i'll get some interior pics later). plays MP3 and WMA.
6.5" Pioneer for the front speakers, custom-made rear deck with pioneer 6.5" speakers.
2 15" Realistic Mach One ferrefluid-cooled subwoofers- Radio Shack from the 80s when it was actually quality hell yes! they were sitting in my attic so i put them to good use.
Volfenhaug 1600W amp, fully chromed (i know Volfenhaug but it was a freebie from a friend i did some body work for).
my box is homemade from mdf, its a lil ghetto i know but it hits really hard (15"s=punchy). i'm getting 2 12" alpine type-r's down the road.
see i can't justify paying for all my audio stuff so i got it all for free! except for the $329 head unit. that i paid for.

as far as engine work goes, i'm saving up for all my turbo stuff right now, gonna be a t-25 setup front-mount cooled with a hks ssqv, uberdata all the way, hopefully i'll be able to get it up to round 160-170hp. probably a z6 or d15b head swap somewhere down the road when i overboost my lil d15b7. don't know whether i'll do a mini-me or not, i mean i know its got vtec but the b7 head flows way better than the z6 or d15b, meaning more power per psi in a turbo app. i guess i'll get a zc head since obviously a dohc is gonna have much better airflow.

anyway heres some pics for ya.

Last edited:

Civicdreams

Get Ready 2 Get Merked
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice coupe bro always good to see the coupes come out of the darkness...........turbo that b***h thats what im doin....lol

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
YES! Someone else with a 4x4 EJ =)

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha i'm keeping true to my roots, my first car was a honda crv.

but yeah i know i'm getting some lowering springs/struts. its just so overwhelming cuz theres so much crap i need to do and my wallet is so lonely... :cry: :whiner:

i also did a gsr cluster swap, heres some pics of that

and the engine shots

Last edited:

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HOLY CRAP... you could run my car over. Next time I go muddin' I'll give you a call.

Sorry for obvious lowering references. Looks nice otherwise.

brookliner7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as for a drop...your car makes me appreciate the time and money i spent to drop mine! lol! i can here a distant cry of a identity confused civic.

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
heres an interior pic of the dash (it used to be gray, i dyed it black along with the rest of my interior panels)

i decided to change the amber back to white, it just matches my color scheme better. i might go blue, do some reverse el gauges or something since ive got an auto cluster but a manual tranny.

two pics of the amp

my circuit 8's up close

i think its pretty damn funny my subs are the same size as my wheels-

Last edited:

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get some 13' daytons and air suspension. You might be able to hit 170-ish horsepower with a turbo d-series, but it's sort of pointless with subs in the back when a built N/A can out run you right?

Good luck though. I personally don't like Alpine. My friend and I have had BADDDD luck with like 5 Alpine subs/amps. s**t blows easy. We blew a f**king 12' running like 400 watts.

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe, but i've got a friend with a 2003 tiburon gt (same one who gave me the amp) whose running 4 12" type-r's into 2 3000W MTX amps, zero gauge wiring (its literally wiring harness sized). he rattled the freaking hood loose. the hood. and his brain. i don't understand your comment about built n/a's. i don't give a s**t if i'm not the fastest, there's always gonna be somebody faster than you. like a saturn running 7's. i've seen it. i just want something fun to play with, a little toy. bsides, how much fun would it be to beat a gt mustang in a little civic? hey wait, isn't my engine almost exactly a third the size of yours? and you still lost? i only paid $2750 for the car when i bought it, we're talking a $4000 car stomping $40,000 performance cars. its just a good feeling, like new sports illustrated swimsuit editions :naughty: or tractor racing :banana:.

Last edited:

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i cut the plastic parts out its so i can fit the johnnyracecar.com front mount intercooler (as soon as it comes in). only $155 on ebay for a 30x5x2! awesome deal, and from what i've been told they are really great quality.

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Turbocharged D series with extra weight won't beat a Mustang GT. Local guys b20block, b16 head built and tuned EG can beat a Mustang GT. Not TOOOO much though. You'll have to be breaking into 13's very rough, and doubt the set up you're talking about can do that. Fun toy it will be though, Just run the d15b7 silly with boost if you plan on getting another SOHC.

I have full internals on a d15b7 plus some retarded add-ons and it's no where near fast. I mean, average street cars I can outrun if need be, but anything modified = no. stock JDM b16a2 into a 92 DX with like no add-ons (like 170 horsepower zone?) beat me by like 5 cars at 60mph.

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
of course i take my subs and stuff out when i go to the track or feel like going fast. damn box weights like 150lb. those 15"s need a lot of airspace to hit really hard. then ive got your avg. weight reductions- spare taken out, sound deadening crap under carpets taken out, a/c compressor and lines removed (compressor didn't work anyway), and i always take the seats and interior panels out when i go to the track. also you have no idea how much forced induction changes the variables. beerbongkicksass is running a stock internals sohc vtec with uberdata making 235hp. stock internals. i think he was making 13.3's (correct me if i'm wrong people). that wont beat a little gutless b16? its basically not any more powerful than a d-series until you hit high rpm's.

Last edited:

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well then, good thing you plan on not keeping subs in at all times. =)

Just make sure you lower the car when it's turbo'd ;)

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bump for adding the gsr cluster pics at the start of the thread, forgot about them.

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is that just a tip or a full exhaust? Love the C8's