white outline of tire letters and numbers

2k5civic

i hate imports...! siiike
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
saw this kid on the street in a 96 hatchback and he was lowered on some what seemed to be 195/50/15's on 99 si rims. the thing tho that was fresh about it was that they were bf goodrich tires with the white outline around the letters and numbers. like some nascar tires. does anyone know if bf goodrich or goodyear sell tires like this at all ?? or could this been a DIY use of like some tire chalk or something .?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Some tire shops can do that. They usually can side sipe the tread blocks or groove and paint a red, yellow, or white stripe.

Don't think I've ever seen WOL on anything shorter than a 60 series though.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah you can go get some white paint and paint em yourself. use like a piece of cardboard for an edge so you don;t get white where you don;t want it.

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea.. im getting some new goodyears today and im thinking bout doing that . thnx

blueline

JDM Jerzy Domestic Market
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go to either pep boys or autozone or something. They make a wax crayon in either yellow or white. I bought it once to touch up my BFs when I had my jeep. They do better than paint and it's easier to control. Post some pics of the finish product. I'm interested to see how they turn out.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont think Id like that too much.. but Ive never seen it on smaller tires so who knows..

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dig it....do a search on HT...they have an entire thread dedicated to people that have done it, with pics and ish...

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
iight guys im going to experiment with this tonight on my tires.

im thinking of an outline white or silver ..

aye jezek .. haha whats HT??? so i can take a look at that thread

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blueline said:
Go to either pep boys or autozone or something. They make a wax crayon in either yellow or white. I bought it once to touch up my BFs when I had my jeep. They do better than paint and it's easier to control. Post some pics of the finish product. I'm interested to see how they turn out.
does the wax crayon color come out bright like paint. ?? im not looking for a real dull color i want something thatll show. if so ima go to my nearest autozone and see if they have it..

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok guys im thinking of just doing the out line of the letters and not filling in the whole letter. whatcha think about that ??

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2k5civic said:
ok guys im thinking of just doing the out line of the letters and not filling in the whole letter. whatcha think about that ??
yeah sounds good. i;d do that first then if you wanted to you could fill them in or just leave em like that. it;d suck if you filled em in and then didn;t like it.

97civicracer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
only time i've ever heard or seen that is wayne's team rice crx which is BADASS...not sure how it would look on like...a normal car lol

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It only really looks cool on race slicks when just the tire manufacturer name is on the sidewall. Even on 35" 4x4 tires white lettering doesn't look good.

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

i dont like the way they were drawn on like these

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I see you found the thread ;)

If that red hatch had a lip it'd be hawt secks

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think it would look better if they outlined the letters that are already on the tires...

red_EF9si

röckïn dä älmïghty ß16
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
strangely i kinda like that look. i saw those cars on H-T a while back and remeber thinking...the template for the paint would have come out better if they had used vinyl instead of ghey cardboard. (no little lines around the o's and such)

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it looks stoopid, lol. Just reminds me of the 80's or something, i guess on an autoX or race car it looks fine but kinda makes ya look like a wannabe racer...