white stuff in radiator

marneli10

Registered VIP
Ok guys so after fixn my last problem i had which was a bad injector now i got another one hope you guys can help me out well iv noticed like white foam on the radiator and some on the cap also hasnt over heated oil doesnt seem like it has water in it did a compression test 220 all across coolant does have water mixd with it due to me replacen the thermostate a couple months ago havnt drained and refilled it i plan on doing it this week also do my oil change i plan on doing a 50 shot on the motor i was going to change the headgasket and put arp head studs anyways just wasnt planing on doing it so soon its my daily so i really need to get it fixed before it overheats or blows the hg thanks in advance its a b18c type r engine

Stanco

De
I'd say first things first, drain rad and refill. And if it still persists check back here for more options.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
White foam is usually indicative of water mixing with 50/50 pre-mixed coolant, in my experiences. Just flush the entire system really good, replace with coolant, give it a go for maybe 10 miles or so, and check to see if your coolant is still foamy.

marneli10

Registered VIP
Ok thanks ill do that and report back

marneli10

Registered VIP
Ok guys so i did the flush on the radiator just with water i was planing in running like that for a day or so and flush again and put antifreeze when i turnd the car on to bleed the air alot if foam came up and i just kept putting water on ran it for about hr or 45 min and it still would foam not as much tho but it was there i put the old coolant water in a bottle to see if oil was in it doesnt show like it has any but it does have some white black brown sand looking thing sitting in the bottom it almost looks like the orange shop soap you use to wash your hands i saw the foam comes up when the thermastate opens and im reving the engine i also noticed that were the foam landed on the car frame it would stain it white like when coolant comes out and drys thanks in advance

Could i have a bad rad also ?

Last edited by a moderator:

marneli10

Registered VIP
Ill post some when i get home or tomarow if i get home late what did u want me to post the picks of the foam or the old coolant i have sitting in the bottle?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok guys so after fixn my last problem i had which was a bad injector now i got another one hope you guys can help me out well iv noticed like white foam on the radiator and some on the cap also hasnt over heated oil doesnt seem like it has water in it did a compression test 220 all across coolant does have water mixd with it due to me replacen the thermostate a couple months ago havnt drained and refilled it i plan on doing it this week also do my oil change i plan on doing a 50 shot on the motor i was going to change the headgasket and put arp head studs anyways just wasnt planing on doing it so soon its my daily so i really need to get it fixed before it overheats or blows the hg thanks in advance its a b18c type r engine
Ok guys so i did the flush on the radiator just with water i was planing in running like that for a day or so and flush again and put antifreeze when i turnd the car on to bleed the air alot if foam came up and i just kept putting water on ran it for about hr or 45 min and it still would foam not as much tho but it was there i put the old coolant water in a bottle to see if oil was in it doesnt show like it has any but it does have some white black brown sand looking thing sitting in the bottom it almost looks like the orange shop soap you use to wash your hands i saw the foam comes up when the thermastate opens and im reving the engine i also noticed that were the foam landed on the car frame it would stain it white like when coolant comes out and drys thanks in advance
Ill post some when i get home or tomarow if i get home late what did u want me to post the picks of the foam or the old coolant i have sitting in the bottle?

RonJ

Banned
The head gasket is almost surely blown. Rent the Block Tester kit from AutoZone to verify.

marneli10

Registered VIP
Ok i rented it already just they didnt have the fluid waiting on them to get it and do i let the car warm up all the way ?

marneli10

Registered VIP
OK so i did the test and it stayd blue not as dark as when i put it in but light blue

RonJ

Banned
Post the "before test" color of the fluid along side the "after test" color.

Did you repeat the test and follow the instructions to the tee?