Who built my civic?

CivicBallin

First off hi all glad to be here.

my 95 hatch has been my daily driver for a year now. has b18c5 swap and too many mods to list.

body is custom and cant find the make anywhere, seller did not know the make neither.

theres no gas cap door over the actual cap, and cannot find one that will fit.

somebody recently put sugar or something in the gas tank. i replaced the gas tank and lines, but my poor engine still wont run like she used to :(

I can always go buy a locking gas cap but it just doesnt look nice without the actual cover .

so shot in the dark, anybody know who built it? car is in ontario canada but was in california for couple years

other suggestions?

thanks

https://imageshack.com/user/95typerhatch

Last edited:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I don't see where finding who did that to a civic is going to keep vandals out of your gas tank. Either replace the billet cap that was on it before or stand guard with a shotgun.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U need a cover that sandwiches around the sheetmetal. Theres tons of options for that :what:

lownslow

5+ Year Member
***just to show you, not trying to market this just give an example*** http://m.ebay.com/itm/221457244366 ...all you need is something like that. Just check the size you need and find one that is locking. Plenty of places sell them online so you should be all set to locate without finding the builder.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my bad bro, i forgot the cap. it was i who built that car.

CivicBallin

lownslow i bought one of those already and it sticks out too much, there is a curve in the body aline with the gas cap its really strange..

thats why i needed the maker, to find wtf he was gonna put there or the body make or something

I feel like he couldnt figure it out either just said f it and drove it

blood88shot lol im almost rdy to do that

Last edited by a moderator:

lownslow

5+ Year Member
Hmm I wonder if a hyundai tiburon one would work I know those have the body line in them. Anyway good luck!

lownslow i bought one of those already and it sticks out too much, there is a curve in the body aline with the gas cap its really strange..

thats why i needed the maker, to find wtf he was gonna put there or the body make or something

I feel like he couldnt figure it out either just said f it and drove it

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yikes, what were they thinking with that?
let alone why did you buy it

andrewthesith

Darth "The Si" Vader
honestly, your best bet is to (my guess here, but...) dig at the fiber glass and work on getting the original hole back. then re-body fill or fiberglass to make the line smooth again. but use an OEM door and build off of it to make the lines the same.

CivicBallin

Ill check it out thanks!

Hmm I wonder if a hyundai tiburon one would work I know those have the body line in them. Anyway good luck!
this would work plus the cover would be flush with the body will look nice, gonna be fun lol

thanks lots

honestly, your best bet is to (my guess here, but...) dig at the fiber glass and work on getting the original hole back. then re-body fill or fiberglass to make the line smooth again. but use an OEM door and build off of it to make the lines the same.

Last edited by a moderator: