WHo knows how to adjust alarm sensitivity

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a viper 791 that i had installed. It will not go off unless someone slaps the s**t out of it...I cant go back to the shopi got it installed at because of several reasons. please help me..my car isnt sensitive enough

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you have some1(thats not DEI authorized) mess around with it and it gets damaged then you loose the warranty
i have the same problem with mines, i'm just too lazy to go back to alarm shop

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Locate where the shock sensor is (usually on the steering column) and adjust the sensitivity from there. It should look like a little black box, zip tied to the steering column with a little knob sticking out of it.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
99% of shock sensors adjust by a knob or flathead screw driver.... takes all of 2 seconds too do.
they usually mount the shock sensor on your steering column because it's one of the most rigid parts of your car.

i couldnt imagine ever taking my car to a shop to have them adjust the shock sensor..... might as well take my car to the shop to have them adjust my dimmer switch for my interior lights

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
99% of shock sensors adjust by a knob or flathead screw driver.... takes all of 2 seconds too do.
they usually mount the shock sensor on your steering column because it's one of the most rigid parts of your car.

i couldnt imagine ever taking my car to a shop to have them adjust the shock sensor..... might as well take my car to the shop to have them adjust my dimmer switch for my interior lights

what alarm do you have?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i have an autopage pager alarm in my integra, a viper pager alarm in my gf's civic, and an ungo pager alarm in my 72 240z

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
i have an autopage pager alarm in my integra, a viper pager alarm in my gf's civic, and an ungo pager alarm in my 72 240z

ooo, how much did you pay for the autopage alarm?

got any pics of the 240z?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
well, i traded some 86 chevy van for my alarm, my screen, an amp, some wiring, and a few other goodies.
i bought 2 more autopage pager alarms for my moms 99 burban and my sis's jetta and they were $120 each at dealers cost

oh, and no pics of the 240 for some reason.
i've been meaning to take some, i'll do it by friday and post them up