1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

WHo knows how to adjust alarm sensitivity

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics' started by BlackHopeDC5, Mar 31, 2005.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. BlackHopeDC5

BlackHopeDC5 Is Black Again??? :shock: Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I have a viper 791 that i had installed. It will not go off unless someone slaps the s**t out of it...I cant go back to the shopi got it installed at because of several reasons. please help me..my car isnt sensitive enough

2. krayziejcs

krayziejcs . Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

if you have some1(thats not DEI authorized) mess around with it and it gets damaged then you loose the warranty
    i have the same problem with mines, i'm just too lazy to go back to alarm shop

3. [civic]

[civic] Moderfucker Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Locate where the shock sensor is (usually on the steering column) and adjust the sensitivity from there. It should look like a little black box, zip tied to the steering column with a little knob sticking out of it.

4. $lick Rick

$lick Rick TEOTWAWKI Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

99% of shock sensors adjust by a knob or flathead screw driver.... takes all of 2 seconds too do.
    they usually mount the shock sensor on your steering column because it's one of the most rigid parts of your car.

i couldnt imagine ever taking my car to a shop to have them adjust the shock sensor..... might as well take my car to the shop to have them adjust my dimmer switch for my interior lights

5. krayziejcs

what alarm do you have?

6. $lick Rick

$lick Rick TEOTWAWKI Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i have an autopage pager alarm in my integra, a viper pager alarm in my gf's civic, and an ungo pager alarm in my 72 240z

7. krayziejcs

ooo, how much did you pay for the autopage alarm?

got any pics of the 240z?

8. $lick Rick

well, i traded some 86 chevy van for my alarm, my screen, an amp, some wiring, and a few other goodies.
    i bought 2 more autopage pager alarms for my moms 99 burban and my sis's jetta and they were $120 each at dealers cost

oh, and no pics of the 240 for some reason.
    i've been meaning to take some, i'll do it by friday and post them up