who makes some struts with adjustable ride height?

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ill be doing my suspension this spring/early summer. who makes some struts with adjustable ride height? and what model. ive searched and only found complete coilover kits. im planning on doing a ground control springs with some adjustable struts. ill have to raise my car back to a stock ride height for winter and dont want to lose my ride quality when i do that. thanks.

heykosal

5+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure that the only strut or shock that you can adjust height with is Koni. Unless you meant dampening, which there are a bunch, every company that makes struts or shocks(they're not the same) has at least one model that's adjustable.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive seen that, i want adjustable ride height. do you know which model of koni's?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Illuminas have adjustable dampering, not height. Koni Yellows are the ones where they have a lower perch where you set the spring on.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont want to go coilovers, spring strut combo is better ride quality. goin with ground control springs, and koni sport struts.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dont want to go coilovers, spring strut combo is better ride quality. goin with ground control springs, and koni sport struts.
That's what I said almost a year ago. Now I want coilovers.

WaLLeYeMan

VTEC POWA JAYDEEMMMM YO!
5+ Year Member
I love the ride of good springs but they dont give me the drop i want. I used to have springs but I never was satisfied with my drops so i went to coilovers.Koni yellows are quite expensive too, you can get a decent full coilover set for around that price range already too if youre just going to be street driving. Also with the konis, youre not ever going to be able to get back up to stock height without putting your stock suspension back on. As i remember they only have 3 perch settings and theyre bascically, low, lower, and even lower. I remember they had a 5 perch version too but i think they were discountinued a while back.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thats going to be a horrible ride. Some GC springs have really high rates that will kill your kidneys, make sure your health insurance covers em.

If you dont want to slam but you still want to go low, I suggest a HnR, Progress, RS*R + Koni yellow combo. HnR will bring you the lowest, closely followed by RS*R.
Yeah those..doesn't give you must adjustment though
Its a good amount, theres not much play when it comes to the spring seat. It lowered me about 1" more in the front, and .75" lower in the back.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok. so might just go with coilovers. what would you recommend for roughly $700?