Who makes the best short shifters....is there really a difference???

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm Planning on getting a short shifter, i've been lookin at the skunk2 ...also saw the one by DC.. which is way cheaper.....not sure which one to choose???

ExLs3386

5+ Year Member
One of my buddies gave me his cheap ebay one and my other buddy has the DC... the actual shift distance was actually pretty close but the DC was smoother... I havent tried a Skunk2 but if the DC is cheaper, both companies have a fairly reputable name... I'd go ahead and get it... but that's totally up to you bro

legendking

Resident Cynic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DC Sports ones have a nasty little tendency to break. I believe there are several members on here that have had this happen. There have been numerous threads on this topic, please use the SEARCH function. I have the B&M and like it very much. I believe the Skunk2 also gets good marks.

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hear good things about the B&M shifter and CC members get them for $47 @tunersports.com
I had a APC short shifter in my old heg and they b***h broke while shifting into 3rd gear against a Celica, damn thing was rolling around on the floor while im doin like 80..

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NewEraImports09 said:
I hear good things about the B&M shifter and CC members get them for $47 @tunersports.com
I had a APC short shifter in my old heg and they b***h broke while shifting into 3rd gear against a Celica, damn thing was rolling around on the floor while im doin like 80..
lmfao.....oh my god i wish i could have been in the passenger seat..oh s**t were did it go? did you see it?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
my gf's 5th gen civic has a Hurst short shifter, it's a VERY nice shifter with a very unique design and look. i love it

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VTEC_Killar said:
lmfao.....oh my god i wish i could have been in the passenger seat..oh s**t were did it go? did you see it?
you would have been laughin ur ass off like me. i was like oh s**t, trying to duck down and reaching for it, but the s**t kept tumbling around

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
my gf's 5th gen civic has a Hurst short shifter, it's a VERY nice shifter with a very unique design and look. i love it
What is this Hurst short shifter that you've been talking about? I've seen you write about it several times with good comments. I've even ran a search for it, but came up with nothing. You got pictures or links for it? I'd like to see what's so different about it.

And Skunk2 with the knob, plus shifter bushings is a must, shoulda came from factory like that.

Sandals

I say try TWM performance I got one of there shifters for my sedan summer of 2003 and I friggin love the thing. Its SUPER short and extremely durable. Between that and the "ebay type r" shift knob my shift length dropped by about 50 percent give or take.

www.twmperformance.com

OCD

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got the skunk 2 and have had it for 2 years now and love it. My friend had the DC and he did brake the shaft. I would say skunk 2.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SiGSR said:
What is this Hurst short shifter that you've been talking about? I've seen you write about it several times with good comments. I've even ran a search for it, but came up with nothing. You got pictures or links for it? I'd like to see what's so different about it.

Click Me

Hurst for teh single bend :thumbs up

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
legendking said:
DC Sports ones have a nasty little tendency to break. I believe there are several members on here that have had this happen. There have been numerous threads on this topic, please use the SEARCH function. I have the B&M and like it very much. I believe the Skunk2 also gets good marks.
ditto, i had a DC short shifter and snapped it as well...

Now i've got a Skunk2 dual bend and love it!! B&M is really good too.

Quebec_Civic

JDM? Is that A Brand?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My hommie has got a DC sport ones in his teg... i like it alot.. although i never tried any others :roll:

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never Had a problem over two years with my DC, its scary seeing all these bad experiences.

racerx661

certified pervert
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JDM James said:
Never Had a problem over two years with my DC, its scary seeing all these bad experiences.
honestly you dont need to shift that hard to get in gear.....if ur shifting hard enough to break ur shifter then u might just be f**king up other s**t too

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Skunk2 short shifter hands down......1/4" taller than stock shifter and shortens throws 40-50%......made of steel so it wont break, and damn that skunk2 shift knob is sexy

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I drove JDM James, and DC Sports seemed ok. I know a guy who had a B&M told me "that thing was a hunk of s**t" Im probably going with a Skunk2, with the stock knob.

You also have to remember that people will post based on what they have bought, and most people like to feel that they bought the nicest thing on the market. I also know somebody with a Ractive and he likes it more then his old B&M.

98civic98

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wish i had a shifter.... fooking automatic car...

my friend got a b&m and likes it, seems to work great.