bad6as

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
on my ej1 i have teh rims off a delsol there 14" and there are 5 spokes

sookybomb

semper fidelis
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i hate autocrossing on them but ill take my 5zigens anyday.whats the outfit without the shoes.but plus size rims definetly slow you down. but then again stock rims are heavy.

richocet1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sookybomb said:
i hate autocrossing on them but ill take my 5zigens anyday.whats the outfit without the shoes.but plus size rims definetly slow you down. but then again stock rims are heavy.
not all stock rims are heavy. check the weights out!

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had to have my fenders rolled. That sucked. But the fact that I can get 205 Parada rubber on the ground is well worth it.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my old civic i went from 13" steelies to 13" civic vx rims, i shoulda just kept the steelies, it was a waste of money even though it looked better. I had 175 somethings on both rims

my accord i was rockin the 15" 7 spoke alloys for a while and i think they look pretty sick, but i got a decent deal on some 17's so i put em on and they are pretty nice, but 2 of em are bent. I had 205/60/15's on the stocks, and 215/45/17's on the eneki cdr9's. Most people get 40's but i wanted some extra beef for protection against the potholes, the previous owner had 40's on there and hence 2 of em are bent.

It gets old seein people put different stock rims on just because they arent steelies though, i mean come on, just put some wider tires on your steelies and youll be set.

Another thing, about plus sized rims slowin you down, civics are hella weak and have no torque, i had some gsr fat fives on my 91 4 door for like a week and my mpg dropped by 2 - 3 and the car was weak as f**k. With my 17's on my accord over the 15's i havent noticed much of a difference.

Last edited:

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honestly, I only like stock Si's and Blades for stock rims...they keep the look clean and discreet. I do plan to get some 16" rims...but the only reason is to get a big brake upgrade. Otherwise I'd stay OEM Si's....

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jezek Is Back said:
Honestly, I only like stock Si's and Blades for stock rims...they keep the look clean and discreet. I do plan to get some 16" rims...but the only reason is to get a big brake upgrade. Otherwise I'd stay OEM Si's....
Stop copying my answers. :P

Only I don't have anything but steelies. That need paint nonetheless. :cry:

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:

LOL...seriously, all I read was the last thread...sorry........... NOT! LOL.... :D

im a loser

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:

too bad you dont live closer, sublimewls'es steelies were all rusted and s**t so we sandblasted and repainted em and they look dope now ... he went with a flat blak though, i told him he should go semi gloss.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was thinking of going with flat black too though. Just going to put the caps back on anyway. I hate flat black wheels on red cars. It seems to make the paint on the car appear less shiny. And steelies would look retarded painted gunmetal or bronze imo.