why do you disrespect police officers?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well tell us, i am sure you have AMPLE reasons, and can provide evidence for each case. keep it semi civil as i am already reporting this post....

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh this should be interesting. I can honestly say I have never done it. I was raised quite well. :popcorn:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I will be keeping an eye on this. That being said, EVERYONE here is entitled to their opinion, just make sure you BACK IT UP.

On topic. I have the utmost respect for police officers, and I make it a point to treat them that way as well.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I treat them like anyone else.. I don't sit there and suck them off.. but I don't treat them like they are assholes.. 9 times out of 10 it is just some really normal guy (or girl) earning a living.. and that's it really.. nothing magical or spectacular about it..

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
every time i get pulled over i make a point to shake the officers hand, to let them know, that i respect the hell out of them, even if they give me a ticket i wish them a safe shift, normally they are genuinely pleased with my behavior. i understand i broke the law, i know the penalty.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It may be a little more laid back in some areas.....but I dont know if officers here would shake someones hand if it were held out. People here try some sketchy s**t. But I still try my best to let them know I have respect for them, even if Im not pulled over. If they are driving by I will wave. Just stuff like that.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
everyone has a job, enforcing the law is just theirs. I never disrespected any.

now if i was in the ghetto and black. I am sure i would be singing a different song.

CDubs

Registered VIP
i am very polite when i encounter an officer for whatever reason, being my own fault or not, i get heated if they accuse me of wrong donig when i clearly wasnt (has been an instance where a white jeep grand cheeroke was called in for stealing mailboxes so i got pullover in a silver chevy trailblazer and he pulled me over and imidatley came to my window claming i was the one who did it, and more instances of them claming a water bottle was full of vodka and was clearly unopened and other random issues but ill spare all those details) but i still keep my cool an never disrespect them, as heated as i may get there is no point trying to fight it on the spot and disrespect them, if they have a bad call you think is wrong send in your ticket and just go to court

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It irritates me how sometimes people say that police officers are all dickheads with no life.

Thats completely wrong, they are there to protect and serve. Protecting their community is very important and they are only questioning you for a reason. I have to admit there are some 'a*****e' police officers. Of course there are though, everyone has to have a bad day once in a while.

I just wish the people who complained about them realized that they put their life on the line for a job and more people should show them respect.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
every time i get pulled over i make a point to shake the officers hand
LMAO, you sure about that? I could see alot of officers pulling their gun b/c they're unsure of what the person is doing. I'd NEVER attempt that move; I don't care how polite someone is.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for the most part, i respect police officers, and the majority of the times i got pulled over i was breaking a law of some sort.

but if im trying to drop off a drunk friend and get her inside her house, and a cop pulls up to my car pulled over on the side of the road, you think he would appreciate me trying to get my drunk friend home safely.

but no, instead he interrogates me, asks me if ive been drinking, asks me if im high (i was sober), asks me what is in my pockets, then PUTS HIS HAND IN MY POCKET cause he dosen't beleive me after ive emptied my pockets already. then he still doesn't beleive me so he proceeds to ask me if i have any alcohol or weed in my car. i said no, and he asked me 3 TIMES! so then he calls in backup, searches my entire car, empties my backpack out on top of my hood, etc. and finds nothing. the guy was harassing me to no end, when i had done nothing wrong. backup shows up, and this guy was actually cool. i brought him up to speed and explained to him the whole situation.

eventually my drunk friends mom had come outside to see why there was a police car in front of her house, and when she did then the cop's attitude did a complete 180. instead of being a huge d**k, all the sudden he goes, "o were here to protect and serve ma'am, just making sure your daughter is ok, blah blah blah" and he finally let me go. as were all walking back to our cars hes still trying to ask me s**t. the cool backup cop had to tell him to chill out and back off!

these are the types of cops i do not like, and have no respect for

CDubs

Registered VIP
It may be a little more laid back in some areas.....but I dont know if officers here would shake someones hand if it were held out. People here try some sketchy s**t. But I still try my best to let them know I have respect for them, even if Im not pulled over. If they are driving by I will wave. Just stuff like that.
last time i waved at an officer, he pulled me over, let me go but his partner waved first becuase he knew me, but since then i dont even wave

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
every time i get pulled over i make a point to shake the officers hand.
first thing i do is tell em i got a pistol in the glove box. then hand them my license/permit

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LMAO, you sure about that? I could see alot of officers pulling their gun b/c they're unsure of what the person is doing. I'd NEVER attempt that move; I don't care how polite someone is.
yup no joke, i tell them my intentions, never had a gun pulled on me

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont care, its after the ticket has been issued or not. its called respect, give it to earn it

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
last time i got pulled over (2 blocks from my house), i rolled through a stop sign,

i saw crown vic headlights perpendicular from me, but i didnt think anything about it, i go down the same street a block and a cop pulls out, he starts following me, so i pull myself over. he turns his lights on and gets out of his car. the time was about 11pm and its finals week for me, so im not the happiest of campers, that's y i pulled over before he actually pulled me over. cop comes up to my window, young cop, and asked me y he pulled me over, i said i didnt know (lie) and he says his partner saw me run the pervoius stop sign, he was right, i said like i was being wrongfully persecuted, " i dont know about ran the stop sign, i might of not stopped all the way,". while i saying this i realize i didnt turn off my music and i playing Wu tang clan, CREAM, not the best music to get pulled over to. anyway he listen to my lame accuse and took my ID, now i have nothing on my record, 5 or 6 speeding tickets since i turned 16, none of them are on my record (that's a different story), anyway while he's checking my "stats" i starting thinking about what a d**k i just was.

so he come back, totally nice dude, gives me a warning and my ID and tells me just to stop at the sign all the way. after he was done talking i apologized, told how much a d**k i was, told him that it was finals week, dude just smiles and says it was no problem, starts walking back to his car i said ur too nice, and told him id be on my best behavior

notes:

i was a d**k to a cop who didn t deserve it

he was nice to me

i apologize about how rude i was

he: still nice dude

totally see no need to hate cops, i really don't, accept the ones that abuse their powers which is like 1 out of thousand, at least non-minneapolis cops

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
s**t, here where I live 95% of cops are dicks.There are couple normal guys but most just wanna F everything up.

Case in point, I had a couple people over at my house. When I say a couple, I'm talking 6-8. We have music playing through the little speakers on my computer and people standing out front smoking their cigs.

2 town cops and a county boy show up and say we are disturbing the peace and the next person he sees step foot out of my front door he is arresting for DIP. THERE IS NO WAY we were too loud. My neighbors on my left and right were there with me...so you tellin me someone down the street heard those tiny speakers and called us in??? NOOOOOPE

Dude drove by, circled the block again and got pissy b/c we were enjoying ourselves and he's a miserable d**k..

My cousin is a cop, and he even called that a d**k move. Got no prob with cops just b/c they are cops. Just sayin some of us have fun, some of us have nice cars. Go work on real crime.....

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I HARDLY think that a Civic Si is a nice car compared to what most cops have. That being said.....how do you know that you werent disturbing someone? Were you in THEIR houses? You think the cops pulled up and it JUST SO HAPPENS that you were playing music, and it JUST SO HAPPENS that they said you were disturbing the peace? When a group of people stand outside and smoke, they tend to talk. How do you know that you guys didnt get out of hand and talk loud enough to wake someone up who had work the next morning? A lot of places have noise ordinances. Means that after a certain time you cant produce a certain amount of noise.