Why do you hate Apple so much?

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Saw this over on HT and decided to make a thread about it. Let's try and keep this as civil as possible please. Just looking to see what other peoples opinions are.

I own an iBook, MacBook Pro and iPod touch and have had nothing but good-luck with them. I don't abuse my stuff and try to take good care of it. Made the switch from PC to Mac in 2006 after taking a web class in high school using Mac Pros.

Now my roommate on the other hand absolutely hates Apple, but has never used ONE of their products. This I can't understand. Some reasons for the hate: would not get used to having the close/minimize/maximize buttons on the left side, waaaay harder to use compared to a Windows platform. He also thinks the iPhone is useless, and he can do all of that on the computer rather than on a phone?! IDK it's people like this that just make me scratch my head and wonder sometimes lol

So what are your reasons for hating/liking Apple products?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Almost everything about Apple is a lie. They are not as secure as they'd like to make you think they are. They do something that's been around for ages, and they call it "Visionary" and "Never been done before"

The only reason MacOSx doesn't have as many viruses as Windows is because of the market share they have. It's somewhere in the 8% to 10% range. No one is going to spend their time to create a virus or malware to infect 8% to 10%.

In hacking conferences, the MacOS is almost always the first system to be hacked or compromised.

I've owned a Mac Book Pro, had way too many hardware for my liking. Constantly overheating, battery was starting to bulge. Our school required us to have a MacBook Pro, all the issues I saw other people were having, I'll never buy an Apple product.

The iPhone was a joke. The only reason people wanted to buy it was because it was an Apple product.

Apple is sue happy. They sue people like crazy over patents they should've never gotten because they are WAY to broad. They are trying to sue companies to stop making touch screen smartphones because they say their patents cover those, they then get pissy and moody when someone sues them over patent infringement.

I will NEVER spend my money on an Apple product. Ever.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I love Apple...and I used PCs my entire life until now. I found that the spyware/anti-malware programs would slow down my pc drastically, I had an HP laptop for 3 years and it noticeably got slower and slower (no music, vidoes, used simply for internet, email). Ive had a macbook pro since December and its been fantastic.

Not an apply fanboi by any means but I haven't had any issues...

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I can say the only issues that I have had with my MBP (bought March 2008):
-replaced the battery in October 2009. I called them up Monday @ 2:00pm and described the problem, I had a brand new battery the next day at 11:00am completely covered under warranty.
-Had the DVD drive replaced this past February. Something like a $400 part, again replaced under warranty.

Their customer support is also THE BEST I have ever dealt with....ever. Also their warranty program is the best bang for your buck, especially on the higher end machines.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I can say the only issues that I have had with my MBP (bought March 2008):
-replaced the battery in October 2009. I called them up Monday @ 2:00pm and described the problem, I had a brand new battery the next day at 11:00am completely covered under warranty.
-Had the DVD drive replaced this past February. Something like a $400 part, again replaced under warranty.
So, only a year after you bought a product, you had to replace the battery. How would you feel if you bought a car, and a year after that, you had to get a brand new engine?
400 dollars for a DVD Drive? :rolf: It's a 50 dollar item. At the most.

Their customer support is also THE BEST I have ever dealt with....ever. Also their warranty program is the best bang for your buck, especially on the higher end machines.
My computers come with a standard 3 year warranty that covers parts and labor, and lifetime support of technical support by email and phone. Our warranty also doesn't go void after you replace a piece of hardware in your machine, just let us know by email or phone, and you're covered.

Compare that to Apples 1 year limited warranty. You also got lucky with the two items because you were out of your Warranty. Don't know how you got around that.

Last edited:

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No problems. I love my ipod. I have yet to find an mp3 player that has the same ease of use. I've been through dozens of mp3 players because I was too cheap to buy a real ipod. All broke eventually and all never held enough memory for me. Finally got an ipod video 60 GB couple (5?) years ago. Replaced the battery once and it finally broke when it got wet.

Now I'm a happy owner of a 160 GB ipod. LOL

Always wanted a macbook. Still can't afford one, so I'll stick to my PC's.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cost! you can buy an amazingly fast good looking secure pc for less than an apple, and know that you have tech support that wont cost you an arm and a leg, the hardware is a lot less in cost as well, granted macs "look" cool, when things break like a monitor, the whole thing is broken.

call me a idiot but i like my right click feature on my computer, now i know a some apples have this feature but the ones i have used kinda suck.

my girlfriend has a macbook pro, that damn thing was like 3 grand fully loaded and it was not even the biggest screen i think its 13 or 14 inches, my car doesnt even cost 3 grand. :( lol that is sad

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
cost! you can buy an amazingly fast good looking secure pc for less than an apple, and know that you have tech support that wont cost you an arm and a leg, the hardware is a lot less in cost as well, granted macs "look" cool, when things break like a monitor, the whole thing is broken.
Truth.

call me a idiot but i like my right click feature on my computer, now i know a some apples have this feature but the ones i have used kinda suck.
This was always a failure with me. I love my right click. I couldn't go a day without it.

my girlfriend has a macbook pro, that damn thing was like 3 grand fully loaded and it was not even the biggest screen i think its 13 or 14 inches, my car doesnt even cost 3 grand. :( lol that is sad
:(

3 grand with one of my computers get's you a VERY decent computer along with a 24" Monitor :lol:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I use and have both a PC and Mac.

If I were to spend my money I would buy a PC over the Mac.

My home built PC shits all over my G5 Pro tower w/dual processors and it cost 1/4 the money. Also, I can switch hardware to anything I want on the PC because the OS isn't closed off.

I wouldn't buy an Iphone but that's because I hate AT&T, not the product. It does bug the f**k out of me that Macs can't view Flash. I have a G4 Pro hooked up to my TV, but no Hulu or other flash based anything works.

Had an Ipod and it worked fine. Nice product.

RonJ

Banned
Almost everything about Apple is a lie...They do something that's been around for ages, and they call it "Visionary" and "Never been done before"...The iPhone was a joke.
Do you live in a cave? If Apple is not an innovative company, then there are no inventive companies. Apple popularized the computer mouse and invented the user friendly computer interface that Windows continues to attempt to copy. Apple also brought the world the iPod (market leader in portable music players by a significant margin) and 99 cent songs through iTunes. The iPhone turned the entire cell phone industry upside down. Nearly every phone now attempts to copy its interface.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i don't HATE apple. they just don't make devices that i can afford at the moment.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
They have right click just like any other computers. Only the ones back before 2005 you had to hold down ctrl+click

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do you live in a cave? If Apple is not an innovative company, then there are no inventive companies.
Apple isn't innovative. They threw the iPhone out like it was some miracle. Touch screen phones had been out for awhile. It didn't even come with a camera when it first debuted. It couldn't even send picture messages. How is this innovative? It was a roll backward.

Apple popularized the computer mouse and invented the user friendly computer interface that Windows continues to attempt to copy.
Actually. Xerox did.

Apple also brought the world the iPod (market leader in portable music players by a significant margin) and 99 cent songs through iTunes.
The only reason the iPod still has a market share is because it was released by Apple. Period. MP3 Players had been around since 1998.

The iPhone turned the entire cell phone industry upside down. Nearly every phone now attempts to copy its interface.
Again, the only reason the iPhone was a hit is because it had an Apple logo on it. If it didn't have one, it wouldn't have even taken off the ground if it was released that phone didn't have a camera, and couldn't send or receive picture messages when first released.

I would say that high cost is Apple's greatest weakness.
There's a lot more than price :lol:

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Again, the only reason the iPhone was a hit is because it had an Apple logo on it.
is that a fact or opinion? if it's fact, please send me the link to where you read that.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They have right click just like any other computers. Only the ones back before 2005 you had to hold down ctrl+click
i dont know, the macbook pro that my girl just got, doesnt right click, or im not hitting the right secret apple key button combo.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
is that a fact or opinion? if it's fact, please send me the link to where you read that.
It's fact.

If a touch screen phone came out, with NO camera, and NO way to send picture messages, it would have NEVER been as big as the iPhone. It would've been laughed at from the beginning.