10+ Year Member
I wanna see someone get scared and hit the deck

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this might be a noob question but I never really understood the reason for 2step. Isnt it like a rev limiter or some sort? or am i completely wrong?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats great.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this might be a noob question but I never really understood the reason for 2step. Isnt it like a rev limiter or some sort? or am i completely wrong?
i have the 2 step setup on my n/a ls/vtec setup, but i have it just because its baller as crap :lol:

Its true purpose depends on your setup, in an n/a setup like mine i like it for consistant every time launches (just drop the clutch and go), when your boosted you can build 10 or so psi of boost right off the line before your even moving so that when you drop the clutch your already at full boost and ready to go, kinda like brake boosting but at a stop.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AHH Thank you for clearing that up.

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The 2 Step is just the setting of a rev-limiter when your speed sensor reads 0 right? I'm aware of this setting during the tune just didn't know it was called 2 Step. You learn something every day.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im glad you posted another vid, that is so tight, i miss doing that in my rx7, it shot like 6 foot ones on a good day.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so its a tune option? i thought it required an extra accessorie in the car. or is it an ecu code option?

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the program im running on my car eCTune as well as alot of other programs allow like hondata and chrome will allow you to write a launch control setting..

Another cool feature for ec tune is the automatic code reader.

Whenever the car is in the accesory position and i floor the gas pedal the check engine light will automatically blink the code... Instead of doing the jump the wire trick which is actually quite annoying

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the program im running on my car eCTune as well as alot of other programs allow like hondata and chrome will allow you to write a launch control setting..

Another cool feature for ec tune is the automatic code reader.

Whenever the car is in the accesory position and i floor the gas pedal the check engine light will automatically blink the code... Instead of doing the jump the wire trick which is actually quite annoying
i thought 2step was a mechanical option/mod to the car....does having/using 2step f**k up your s**t....tranny?