Why you got pulled over

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I'm kinda new to this forum... but not new to the honda game. and I've been just browsing the forum while at work and have seen a couple of threads about getting pulled over but they've all been older threads and so I thought it'd be best to see if we could get a new one started. Here's my list

1st car 1991 Prelude si (loved the gearing in that car)

Got pulled over going 40 in a 20 on college campus cop didn't have a radar so couldn't give me a ticket (I knew I was going double the limit he didn't lol)

1st ticket ~ 60 in a 40... didn't see him in a parking lot at the top of a hill and he tagged me. Got ticket dissmised with defensive driving class.

2nd ticket ~ 67 in a 45... was exiting and he was in the on ramp lane and I was getting over and pulled around him hauling ass (he was an undercover charger) as soon as i passed him he got behind me. Got a lawyer to get it waived.

3rd ticket ~ 77 in a 65... said he was feeling lazy and didn't stop me right away (was waiting to see if I exited... I had a radar dector and thought that he tagged the Expidition that was slightly ahead of me) Just paid that cause I was pissed that I got caught (yea I know I deserved it I can admit that lol).

Now I have my current car. 1998 Ek civic... see avatar.

2nd warning ~ going 32 in a 20 and told him I was running late for a college English final and he was cool about it and gave me a warning saying "you got enough on your mind with that English final without having to worry about a ticket" :D English final FTW (never thought I'd hear myself say that lol)

4th ticket was a fixit ~ inspection was out
Here's what happened. I was on my way home and it was like 11:30 and I'm passing a guy going down a hill going about 67 in a 65 and the guy has a busted head light well the cop going the other way sees me passing him, cuts through the median and comes after me cause "I was speeding". He didn't have his radar on (my radar dector didn't go off) and he couldn't tell me how fast I was going. He was just bored and figured he'd try and get an easy ticket :evil:

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn dude ur a speed demon lol.

1. Got pulled over when I first bought the civic. Dude was shady and said car was registered but they were fake tags and a cop decided to "randomly run my plates" one evening on my way home (thats me in my avatar by the way and car was completely stock at this point). So thats when I found out they were fake stickers, fortunately I was in the process of getting new plates and had my registration half done with all the paper work but he wanted to get me on something so he gave me a fixit ticket for having 1 license plate.

2. Pulled over for rolling right turn on a red light, fortunately it was midnight before mothers day and I had flowers on the front seat so he let me go lol.

3. Pulled over for rolling stop on stop sign. $200 dollar f***ing ticket. Lol

Thats it.

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1. 39 in a 35 (yes, bullshit ass ticket). I didn't want it to go on my record and I didn't wanna deal with it so I paid $420 to get it dropped.

2. 55 in a 35. I was going downhill and I wasn't riding the brakes so the car just went faster and faster (I was driving an auto Celica) but I wasn't giving it gas and the cop clocked me doing 55. My record is clean so he cut me a break and gave me a ticket for having something hanging on my rear view mirror instead.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@MistaJuice. Haha yea I was... But then I got to expensive so I had to tone it down... still go fast enough to make it fun :drive: lol but definately keeping my eyes open for cops lol

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First one was a red light camera, my rear bumper was on the other side of the intersection on a cross walk, so I ran it by one second to clear the intersection, I could have stopped so I paid it.

Second 22 in a 15, very long parking lot with parking along both sides, no speed bumps. Figured the speed limit is 20 because thats the lowest ive ever seen so I drove right at the cop at a steady speed not thinking anything was wrong.
Im fighting it in court, but he did let me go for not having proof of current insurance

Out tail lights on my trailer I was pulling with my truck, the harness got pulled out, then the cop teased me for having huge gauges.

Out head light on my civic then a out tail light later that night.

pulled over for matching a description of another car.. sucks having a green honda civic 4 door

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ugh...

1. 64 in a 35, when I was 17. Verbal warning.

2. 45 in a 35, when I was 17. Written Warning.

3. Illegal license plate light & turn signals. Ticket - $25. Fought in court - Ticket dismissed.

4. Padiddle! Verbal warning

5. Padiddle! Two days after the first time.... Written warning.

6. "Passing an emergency vehicle". Cop was trying to pull out into traffic from side of the road. Didn't see his blinker with all his flashing lights. Verbal warning.

7. License plate light broken. Cop was a dumbass - my headlights weren't on so obviously the plate light wouldn't be either. No warning or anything.

8. Illegal exhaust "too loud". $351 ticket. Fought in court. Ticket Dismissed.

9. Window tint too dark (read 16% on the meter). Fought in court. Ticket Dismissed.

10. 45 in a 30. On radar. I had a radar detector. Cop laughed at me for it being such a fail. He was cool. Verbal warning.

11. 58 in a 30. On some backroad, didn't realize speed limit went from 55 to 30. Verbal warning.

12. 64 in a 35. Was driving in NY, with a MA license, with a car with NH plates. Cop was so confused. Ticket. Fought in court... dropped to "Failure to Obey Traffic Device"

13. "Warned". There was a ricer meet that was broken up down the road. I was driving by. Cop pulled me over to "warn" me not to hang out with any of them. Verbal warning, I guess??

I think that's it... all I can remember off the top of my head anyways, lol.

Last edited:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
HOLY f*** Shaun......

1st time - 77 in a 55, he let me go. I didn't have my night license yet either and I got pulled over a few minutes past 9. I felt like the luckiest person on the planet.

2nd time - 66 in a 45. I was originally doing 80+, but SLAMMED on my brakes when I saw him. Got a ticket, got worked down to traffic violation (I think) and I had to do a 5 hour defensive driving course.

3rd - No license plate in my rear trunk holder (it was in my rear window by the speaker). I snapped the bolts while taking them off to wax the trunk so I had to put it in my rear window by the speaker. I told the cop to go look and he goes, "oh yeah! I see now!", then I say I'm going to get it fixed right after school, already have arrangements with my friend to fix it, and he lets me go.

4th - I was hauling ass on an on-ramp (this was after I had my suspension mods so my car handled nice) that was a big loop and the trees blocked my view from a bunch of cops checking registrations and s***. So I heated up the brakes a little and I wasn't wearing my seatbelt. As I went to give him my registration, he noticed an old paper license (the ones you get when you first get your license, before your actual license) and he asks for it. Turns out it was my brothers (I had no idea it was in there) and I could've gotten ticket for possession of another persons paper license (he explained a lot of kids do it to buy alcohol and stuff) but he understood the fact that I was 22, clearly able to buy my own alcohol, and knew I wasn't using it for anything illegal and he only gave me a no seat belt ticket, could've given me a speeding ticket which would've made 3 tickets for just that stop.

5th - Another no seat belt ticket. I had JUST left my apartment back when I was living with my friend and wouldn't you know, a f***ing cop sitting across the street as I was turning onto the main road. He clearly sees I have no seat belt on (broad day light and I'm wearing a silver t-shirt, no window tint). That was stupid on my part.

I always wear my seat belt now and I usually go 5 over the speed limit. I'll go a little faster through areas where I know cops can't hide unless they feel like cutting some trees down or going 4x4 over metal barriers and such.

Decipher

Registered VIP
1. First ticket(s) ever when I was 15. Me and a buddy slapped dead tags on his dad's old ass mini-van and started up the road to meet some girls at their house. Got pulled over not a mile from his house. In total, I ended up getting 7 tickets that day:

Driving w/o license, Failure to inspect, No registration, No Insurance... I dont even remember the rest of them. The fines totalled something like $1,500, and that's the story of how I got my first job.

2. Next ticket was exactly 1 1/2 years later (how long my license was suspended, who knew they could suspend something you don't even have). 73 in a 45. I had 3 people in the car(on my cinderella license) so not only did I get a reckless driving ticket and speeding ticket, but a ticket for having too many people in the vehicle.

Since then I've had maybe 3 or 4 more tickets (out of countless times of being pulled over/warned.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
42 in a 25. Cop was very nice, and bumped it down to a 1-9 over instead of a 10-19 over. Paid it because I knew that I caught a break as it is, and that I deserved a ticket.

Don't drive like an ass, and you won't get pulled over!

95EJ2

s**t you guys get lucky man all the cops i get just
ticket ticket ticket...lol
just 1 tho driving with no insurance nd following to close thats how i wrecked my
92 civic hatch (R.i.P)

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
you people need to stop driving like asshats
yea bunch of wreckless bastards......now my record

1st 7 over in a school zone (late to school = 276 dollar ticket)

2nd 78 in a 35 on rural road

3rd 78 in a 45

4th 81 in a 45 (street racing, knocked down to wreckless)

5th 75? in a 65 (cant really remember)

6th 48 in a 35 (in a fwd dsm I had literally just bought and was driving it home)

1 no seatbelt in a school parking lot

1 switched tags, sold a truck and put the plates on the civic until I got paid that week, ended up paying court costs

1 no front plate

been good for 2 years minus the seatbelt above that was like a month ago and the switched tags was maybe 3 months ago

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lets see.

1st ticket - I made an unsafe lane change. Guy next to me wouldn't let me in, so i down shifted and cut him off. Yeah I deserved a ticket, whatever.

2nd ticket - Fix it ticket, I had a 2in drop. I pulled over in a neighborhood and there were way lower cars parked next to me.

3rd ticket - I made a right turn on a red arrow. There were no cars, it was safe. People make that right turn all the time. After I got the ticket, I was always stop at the light and people behind me would honk and shake their hands lol. I don't give a damn! That ticket was nearly 500 bucks! Plus I had a "convenience fee" and a court fee.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
HHmmmm...

1st - Inspection sticker. - verbal warning (EJ6)

2nd - Late to school - reckless driving - verbal warning (EJ6)

3rd - Unathourized light on front of vehicle (Yellow Headlights) - Dropped in court (EJ6)

4nd - 70 in a 55. (EP3)

5th - TRESPASSING AT A GAS STATION AFTER I BOUGHT GAS. That ticket got dropped and the cop was sent on a week
suspension. (EJ6)

6th - Attempting to street race/reckless driving - Same cop that pulled me over at the gas station. Claimed i "spun my tires" leaving the SAME gas station. Dropped in court. R.K. FULLER if anyone lives in the Roanoke VA area. (EJ6)

7th - Cop on highway, and everyone fell inbehind him doing 10 UNDER the speedlimit. So as i pass doing 70 in a 70, pulls me over and tells me that if Im going faster than him then Im wrong. Verbal. (Ep3)

8th - 60 in a 45. I was late going to Camp Lejeune for a 96 formation. As i made the turn onto 24 a black integra blocked me and wouldnt let me merge. Downshifted and he tried to keep up. Cop pulled us both over. Told me to have a good day, and the 3 occupants in the integra were under the influenece and were takin to jail. (EP3)

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Only been pulled over 3 times.

25 in a 15, was unaware of the speed change at the McChord gate the first time I went on post. Let off with warning.

Dead headlight after it was working getting to my girls house at 6pm, it blew out when I turned the lights on at 11pm. Got a warning.

Got pulled over in a state park for 5mph on a 5mph road while having 2 friends sitting in the trunk. The d**k state park guy pulled me over, proceeded to write me up for 2x $75 people outside vehicle ticket (I asked and he said he tickets truck bed riders/boat riders outside of water too, he was lying) a $101 ticket because the guy in the backseat didn't put his seatbelt on, and then $250 ticket for not being able to find my wallet (which we later found had fallen under the seat, under the floormat). In the process of writing me this ticket, an F450 with a mastercraft drove by me with 6 people in the bed and 4 in the boat and the ranger just waved and smiled at them! I wanted to strangle that little cocksucker right there. I eventually took it to court and got it knocked down to $150 for the two people outside the car. Sent in $155 check and it never wound up on my driving record.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damnnnn how do you guys get all these warnings? I'm a chick and I've NEVER had a warning. EVER.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damnnnn how do you guys get all these warnings? I'm a chick and I've NEVER had a warning. EVER.
Clearly you're doing it wrong..*hint hint*.

:lol:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Been pulled over three four times.

Once when I had the Mustang, was after paint, no bumpers, headlights, tail-lights, was getting dark, heading to the local gas station for some gas and some grub. Pulled me over, said he liked the car, told me to head straight home after I get the gas.

Was driving to Georgia, got pulled over in Texas for doing 1MPH over the speed limit. Written warning. Same trip, pulled over in New Mexico for doing 20 over the speed limit, explained we were headed to a family members funeral, verbal warning, coolest cop ever.

Pulled over in Florida for having a 6+ month old expired tags. Dude was a d**k. $150 ticket, was told if I didn't pay it within 30 days I would have my license suspended. 45 days passed without me paying it, had my buddies sister run it (She was a dispatcher at the local police station), license wasn't suspended, waited another 4 months before paying it.