Wich are the best spark plugs?

Fernos ej1

5+ Year Member
Just a little question, which is the best, denso iridium or bosch platinum iridium fusion

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
denso>bosch IMO

Fusion is the crappy Ford version of my car.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The $2 ones that you can get at most any auto parts stores. OEM replacements.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ugh... I work parts and I get so tired of people assuming that "more expensive = better".

Anyway, this might help. Stock plugs for '92-'00 Civics..

# Original Equipment Manufacturer, and/or Original Equipment Service Part.
* "Laser Series" Platinum center electrode, and Platinum pad ground electrode.
^ "Laser Series" Iridium center electrode, and Platinum pad ground electrode.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ugh... I work parts and I get so tired of people assuming that "more expensive = better".
More expensive is always better......

...for my monthly sales ticket average. :Devil:

NO. I WILL NOT SELL YOU ONE QUART OF STORE BRAND OIL! I HAVE AN AWESOME PER TICKET AVERAGE AND I WILL NOT HAVE YOU f**king IT UP! TAKE YOUR BROKE ASS TO DOLLAR GENERAL WIF YO NICKEL AND DIME s**t.

:haha: :rolf: :bluelol::lol:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
More expensive is always better......

...for my monthly sales ticket average. :Devil:

NO. I WILL NOT SELL YOU ONE QUART OF STORE BRAND OIL! I HAVE AN AWESOME PER TICKET AVERAGE AND I WILL NOT HAVE YOU f**king IT UP! TAKE YOUR BROKE ASS TO DOLLAR GENERAL WIF YO NICKEL AND DIME s**t.

:haha: :rolf: :bluelol::lol:
My favorite is when people return oil.

"Oh, I don't need this."

Never, "I got the wrong weight." Just that they don't need oil. I suppose I could understand them being broke and needing some cash, but returning oil is a bad decision in the long run imo.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My favorite is when people return oil.

"Oh, I don't need this."

Never, "I got the wrong weight." Just that they don't need oil. I suppose I could understand them being broke and needing some cash, but returning oil is a bad decision in the long run imo.
:lol: :bluelol: :Devil:

I always asked them, "You won't ever need a quart of oil ever again?" :lol:

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
plain ass NGK Copper. (iridium/platinum only serve to make the spark plug last longer but cost 4x as much. Copper is still the better conductor/performer)

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
plain ass NGK Copper. (iridium/platinum only serve to make the spark plug last longer but cost 4x as much. Copper is still the better conductor/performer)

:word: :werd:

On some OBDII engines changing to a copper core plug will change the resistance and you'll get a CEL.

In my experience, Hondas aren't affected by this. Their onboard systems don't read the plug resistance for misfire or copper cored plugs are within their tolerances.

5th gen Civics OBDI doesn't even do that. You could run an ancient nickel cored plug as long as it was the right heat range and gap.

NDs and NGK copper plugs work just as well as the more expensive rare metal types. Their service life is just shorter. It's not like it's difficult to replace plugs on a D or B