Wich ECU??

davidmutchler95

Just Another Guy....
5+ Year Member
ok guys i need some opinions on selecting a ecu upgrade. first, i have a 1995 civic coupe (EJ1) with a p28 ecu. ok and i also have a b18 swap, with it turbod. im boing all this off the site JDM s**t.com for 140$$, is this a good site and a good price??

now these are my options

1. program--- MUGEN, Vtec x-over @ 5700, with rev limit @ 9500
2. program--- SKUNK2, Vtec x-over @ 5700, with rev limit @ 9500
3. program--- JUN, Vtec x-over @ 5800, with rev limit @ 9800
4. program--- VISION, Vtec x-over @ 5200, with rev limit @ 8500
5. program--- JDM s**t RACE, Vtec x-over @ 5500, with rev limit @ 9500
6. program--- JDM s**t H22A, Vtec x-over @ 4800, with rev limit @ 8500

these are my options, so please leav some opinions and help me out thanxx

HRTuning

5+ Year Member
If it's turbo get NepTune, eCtune, Hondata, or Crome and have it tuned. The chips you listed will not deliver what you need.

davidmutchler95

Just Another Guy....
5+ Year Member
is this one a good one?? im sorry. i really dont know that much bout the ECU and programing and what not

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is this one a good one?? im sorry. i really dont know that much bout the ECU and programing and what not
I would suggest checking out www.hrtuning.com

And finding a tuner near you that can tune NepTune or whatever setup they are familiar with.

Like James said, none of those chips will give you what you need.
listen to 93turbo16... find a shop in your area that can tune imports, ask what tuning programs they are familiar with and get your stock ecu chipped and have the shop custom tune it for you. trust me, its the best way to ensure your car will run right and not blow up.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya but im not sure theres sumone, or sum place that can do that around where i live
well, just look around for someone around your area...

talk to 93turbo16 if you cant find anyone around you. he can chip your ecu, and probably make you a basemap too.

davidmutchler95

Just Another Guy....
5+ Year Member
ya cuz i liv in central wisconsin... needless ta say, there not many shops that do that kinda work. or really any mods besides body