will 215/45/17 fit on a 97 civic coupe?

codyspeedy

Cody T
5+ Year Member
Right now i have 205/45/17 on my 97 civc coupe are there is no rubbing and i happy with it

BUT... I am wondering if anyone knows if 215/45/17 fit on a 97 civic coupe without any problems?

L.D.Forget

Going to a wider tire with the same profile will increase the overall diameter of the tire by nearly half an inch. How much are you clearing by right now? btw, you might not want to toss around the word 17" rim around here. Some people get pissed off at other peoples decisions on rim sizes.

codyspeedy

Cody T
5+ Year Member
Going to a wider tire with the same profile will increase the overall diameter of the tire by nearly half an inch. How much are you clearing by right now? btw, you might not want to toss around the word 17" rim around here. Some people get pissed off at other peoples decisions on rim sizes.
Im clearing it now by about 3-3.5 inches, the cars not lowered.

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Before bending the rim I had a set of 17s on my sedan a few years back and had 245/40/17s on them. stock height and never rubbed

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i ran 215/40/17s. rubbed like a mofo and had to remove the fender liners. i'm also dumped 4" too.

codyspeedy

Cody T
5+ Year Member
i ran 215/40/17s. rubbed like a mofo and had to remove the fender liners. i'm also dumped 4" too.
well im riding stock hight so i think i should be fine.

any other oppinions?? does the offset make a differnce, i think the rims i wanna put on have an offset of 42

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
offset is huge. why aren't you lowering it? god the 4x4 look is so horrible.

codyspeedy

Cody T
5+ Year Member
IM saving up money for skunk2 adjustable suspention, and if theres room i will lower it, but for now im just asking around to make sure i shouldnt have a problem with 17 inch rims that are 215 wide

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
we dont get pissed off at peoples decisions on rim sizes, we tell you the straight up truth that anything bigger than 16s on a civic either look ugly, look to big, will rub, or are rice... or all of them at once.

It will rub
:word: my 215s rubbed on stock height

L.D.Forget

what if i change the tire size to 40 sidewall
You'll clear the tire for sure, but you will have a harsher ride and your overall tire diameter will go down by nearly half an inch, which will throw your speedo off. To compare tire size's and see what your looking at, try out this website

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

Try out a few different tire sizes in the comparing section and you can see what kinds of differences different profiles and widths give you. If your stock high, i dont see any problem with tire size or offset.

codyspeedy

Cody T
5+ Year Member
You'll clear the tire for sure, but you will have a harsher ride and your overall tire diameter will go down by nearly half an inch, which will throw your speedo off. To compare tire size's and see what your looking at, try out this website

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

Try out a few different tire sizes in the comparing section and you can see what kinds of differences different profiles and widths give you. If your stock high, i dont see any problem with tire size or offset.
thanks, very helpful

Collateral98

ChicagoClubCivic
5+ Year Member
whatever happened to people own style 17's dont look too big or too ricer. they look clean in my opinion with a small drop they look really good. i have 205/40/17's on my car and i love them and they handle great.
do what you want half these people do what they think other people think looks good on there car.

YOU customize YOUR car

kyle97charlie

68% right 100% of th time
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No need for two similar threads... I answered the first one..

But I'll just paste my original answer now

I've got seventeens... And I am running 215/40/17 Nitto Neogens

I'm lowered almost two inches

I don't scrub just driving around.

But if I dig into it hard in corners it tends to scrub.

Also it scrubs very very lightly turning dead left and dead right.

I had 215/45/17 Kumho Ecsta AST's

with the same drop

It scrubbed with people in the back seat(even with rolled rear fenders)
I couldn't really turn dead left or dead right.

With either tire set up, I would suggest running a little camber. I believe I am running -1.5 on each wheel.

I hope this helps you out bro.

Collateral98

ChicagoClubCivic
5+ Year Member
i got 205/40/17's with kumho's i should still be good without rubbing with a 2' drop yea?