Will intake block strut bar?

vegasnoob

Sup guys. I want to get a strut bar to improve the handling of my car. But i'm worried that my intake will get in the way of me installing the strut bar. I'd hate to order it just to find out that it won't fit & I don't want to go through the process of shipping it back. Here's a pic of my engine bay.
[/IMG]

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kinda depends on which strut bar.

Take something flat and straight and lay it accros the strut towers to see if it will hit. If it does then u will need to swap intake manifolds to run a strut bar.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They make strut bars that bend around the intake pipe, just search for pics and brands.

vegasnoob

Good idea. I feel like an idiot for not thinking about that.
But I just tried that & nope, not gonna clear it. A tower bar might be able to clear it, but It'd be risky.
If I were to get a new manifold (I've been wanting a new one anyway) would I have to buy anything
else to equip it? Or could I just buy the manifold and have no problem switching it out?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ummmmm....

The link is to a LOWER bar. It goes UNDER the car.

PHAHEEM

Sup guys. I want to get a strut bar to improve the handling of my car. But i'm worried that my intake will get in the way of me installing the strut bar. I'd hate to order it just to find out that it won't fit & I don't want to go through the process of shipping it back. Here's a pic of my engine bay.
[/IMG]
I've wondered about this too...I also have a DX/D16Y7 with an AEM intake. Even though I know strut bars alone won't improve my handling without a full suspension setup, I still kinda want a set but I've always held back because of my intake...

Can anyone with a DX/D16Y7 chime in?