nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
silvertuner98 said:
gsr has a 60mm TB, i know bc i have one on my car
b16 has a 58mm TB, i know bc ive installed multiple
y8/z6 has 56mm, i know bc i had a y8 tb and have done work on z6's

yea thats right... i must of overlooked to quickly... for some reason i thought i saw 58 mm

D16Z6 and Y8 Intake...30mm Exhaust....26mm

Head Chamber Volume
D16A6......................38cc
D16Z6 and D16Y7.....34.6cc
D16Y8......................32.8cc
Throttle Body Sizes
D16A6..... 55mm
D16Z6......56mm
D16Y7......56mm
D16Y8..... 56mm

Well to tell you the truth its not like i've looked really hard for them BUT most of the popular Honda/Acura scraps don't have the gsr tb... so far i got GS and RS integra TBs available for 100 bucks ..those are 58 mm
is this worth purchasing??? 2mm difference ??? is that gonna do anything significant

Hey silver..you never sent me those Y8 crome tunes... my hotmail was down
can you resend or ??

silvertuner98

Banned
ive sent you those tunes numerous times to different addresses :o

and 2mm wont be a huge difference, look for a GSR throttle body

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
silvertuner98 said:
ive sent you those tunes numerous times to different addresses :o

and 2mm wont be a huge difference, look for a GSR throttle body
oups lol I must of developed temporary amnesia or somethin ...i have the file, my bad
thanks man

yea i figured i'm gonna get nothin less than a GSR
is going from 56 to 60 mm a good difference??? cuz i 've lost throttle responce since the Edelbrock mani

Brian Spilner

Banned
you know these 600whp cars you hear about usually run stock throttle bodies....i doubt your going to see a huge gain from using a huge ass TB.....

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Brian Spilner said:
you know these 600whp cars you hear about usually run stock throttle bodies....i doubt your going to see a huge gain from using a huge ass TB.....
im aware dude..thats why im not going to waste money for the edelbrock ..im not looking for a miracle
how do u suggest i help my throtle response loss? because there has been a dif in lower end throttle

Brian Spilner

Banned
nightryder99 said:
im aware dude..thats why im not going to waste money for the edelbrock ..im not looking for a miracle
how do u suggest i help my throtle response loss? because there has been a dif in lower end throttle
a stock throttle body will be the best for your throttle response....the stock for your engine...

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Brian Spilner said:
a stock throttle body will be the best for your throttle response....the stock for your engine...
why stock? i have an Performer X edelbrock manifold and the car is aimed for turbo....how is a stock diameter a better choice especially when the upgrade is only going to run me 100 dollars???

before when my tru cam was adjusted the intake timing was extended ...the air had stronger velocity because of restriction cause when reached the lil manifold...now once the air reaches the Performer X ...it has more then enough room in its bigger plenum and runners....the engine needs a biger throttle for more air to acummulate quicker inside
cause pressure to accumulate....
pressure has been lost at low rpms

ex. lets say you have a constant supply of water for two setups
you want to fill a swimming pool with water
one guy has a small hose and another has a much bigger hose
if the guy who has a bigger hose looses his supply pressure...and starts fill will lil to no pressure
than the lil guy with a smalll hose ...who has a s**t load of pressure...will eventually fill the pool quicker
( considering the pressure difference is significant for each)

to get to my point...i gained a s**t load of high end pressure...but i feel that my lower end took a beating for it
i could be wrong...because i also went for a setup with cam adjustment ..to actually setting to zero again because of ( stock )ECU setting .
more available throttle diameter = quicker plenum fill = better lower end response for my application
wow i wrote alot :suprise:

Brian Spilner

Banned
nightryder99 said:
why stock? i have an Performer X edelbrock manifold and the car is aimed for turbo....how is a stock diameter a better choice especially when the upgrade is only going to run me 100 dollars???
you can use that $100 towards a turbo timer or something else more worthwhile.

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if thats the case then i will go straight for the ECU conversion to begin with
and once that is done i can look into piecing my own turbo setup

don't you think? modified P28 + wideband ...then i can strat my turbo search SLOWLY SLOWLY
i aint a rich boy ...just maybe a crazy mofo that loves cars

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get rid of that huge intake mani! its way to big for an N/A motor... thats why your response is crap.

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sohclubkid said:
get rid of that huge intake mani! its way to big for an N/A motor... thats why your response is crap.[/QUOTE

it is going to be forced induction...and who said itwas all crap, i only said it was suffering at the low end so technicaly when i upgrade ecu it will be able to adjust the mixture at idle and i will be able to play around with the cam again....its not like i added a p flow lol ...its a manifold
besides ..for a d16y8 ...i'm way ahead of my category around my areas ;)
P28 >`

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a bigger throttle body will yield no power gains. in fact, with a bigger throttle body and huge intake manifold you will lose power. and subsequently lose air velocity which attributes to gas mileage, idle quality, and peak horsepower.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oilpool said:
a bigger throttle body will yield no power gains. in fact, with a bigger throttle body and huge intake manifold you will lose power. and subsequently lose air velocity which attributes to gas mileage, idle quality, and peak horsepower.
werd, the technical version of what i was saying :P

but, if your goin turbo, why tune your ecu now? just a waste of money in the long run :???:

Brian Spilner

Banned
sohclubkid said:
werd, the technical version of what i was saying :P

but, if your goin turbo, why tune your ecu now? just a waste of money in the long run :???:
theres not point in tuning ur ecu now..a tune is meant to create a optimum fuel map for your setup..you dont know your setup and you really dont know until you see the dyno charts then u tune from there...not prior.

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oilpool said:
well ok fine beat me up with your words :lol:
im aware of air velocity and its impact on engine efficiency... but i thought that maybe the bigger throttle wouldn't affect velocity that harshly ...especially when it will be a forced induction setup
you guys got to understand that the stup will be forced induction
SO if i gain a bigger throttle and I tune the P28 (temporarly) i wont see a loss ..infact i should see a gain
let me brake it down to the core :

Before the manifold..i had my cam adjusted...cam timing of intake was adjusted... I mean incredible throttle response

Once i installed the Edelbrock.....my ECU couldn't handle the cam adjustment at *** idle***
I tried twice to reset the ECU but still it never was able to adjust to a mixture that would be good
So i had my mecanic set the cam at zero and I reset
now it idles fine...only sometimes it my drop below 1 ..but very rare

IF...i get my P28 ...i tune for ( cam adjustment + bigger throttle + bigger manifold)
this will set the air/fuel mixture at its optimum ( especially if i had a wideband ) fkn car is gonna make me broke

So the right mixture..the right cam setting (for prlonged opening causing it to regain velocity).....and the bigger throttle Will yield more power ... i'm almost 100 % sure it will
I'm not a mecanic.i'm a electrical engineer... but i'm capable of analysing with detail what is thats in play here
I could be easily wrong but .......
if you can beat my reasoning with FACTS...then I :worthy: to you

just for the info ... it costs 100$ for 3 runs
150 $ /h for a run / tune per hour ( which i wouldn't need )
by that time i'll have learned crome inside out....and no I wouldn't tune if i dont know the program and the cars reaction at 100%

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but like i said, it will be a waste of money to tune ur ecu now, then go boosted and have to do it all over again. i say go back to stock intake mani and just wait to put the performer x mani on when u go boost... then get ur ecu tuned. that way u will save money.

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sohclubkid said:
but like i said, it will be a waste of money to tune ur ecu now, then go boosted and have to do it all over again. i say go back to stock intake mani and just wait to put the performer x mani on when u go boost... then get ur ecu tuned. that way u will save money.
i dont understand how u suggest that... the car is running good now and I'm still much quicker than what i was...i just bumped up the high end by alot ...and lost alil throttle response at low end
still quicker than before by far tho ;)

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nightryder99 said:
i dont understand how u suggest that... the car is running good now and I'm still much quicker than what i was...i just bumped up the high end by alot ...and lost alil throttle response at low end
still quicker than before by far tho ;)
its relative. because you probibly have such horrible low end that it tricks you into making you THINK it has more top end power simply out of the gain (power) over speed (rpm) proportion. again, you are probably netting an overall less amount of HP then you were previously.

honda even uses this little trick to make people think I-Vtec is more then it really is. the factory actually tunes the car to lag out then boost up right as the I-vtec kicks in. makes it easier for the salesment to upcharge and sell the vtec motor.