wilwood or brembo brakes

civimanex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aright so i gotta replace my brakes soon and im thinking about upgrading to the big brake kit when i get my rotas so im wondering whats the price on a wilwood or brembo big brake kit what should i expect to pay? should i just replace the brakes with stock s**t and wait till summer when i do my swap...just need opinions prices etc. im in mass if ne 1 knows of some local shops let me know ill drive a lil ways

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
unless your putting down a lot of power.. it is not needed.. those big brake kits cost over $1k. just get brembo blanks, good pads like axxis or hawk, and ss brake line.

Ace$nyper

its more then just power its like how often are you doing track days or when is the last time you showed for judges?

spending that kinda cash is not worth it unless your doing them a rotor pad and fuild change will be more then enough also your tires are what your brakes are stopping so some sticky rubber on your new rims are a good idea.

but if your going with a big brake kit then i'd say both are great picks.

mirahe

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Without any doubt Brembo , 4 pistons 38 mm/ 42 mm diameter. Put the maximum diameter of disc in the front axle (check your rim internal contour) , and for the rear you can modify the position of the load (distributor) of the rear axle to achieve a good presure in front and in the rear in this way you will imprrove the balance of the brakes

Pads Galfer 3853 these have a very good bit and good fadding.

(Is important that your car don´t have ESP , because then is posible that the electronic control don´t work well) , if you have ABS you don´t have any problems.

In my opinion : 1-Brembo 2-AP 3- Performance friction 4-Halcon 5-Wilwood

The best way for the performance of a car are : Tires , Brakes , Shock absorvers , stabilizer bars and finally more horsepower.

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its overkill for the daily street driven, non high horsepowered car. Unless you pull mad power, and have lots of money, then you can go ahead and get it. Get Brembo Crossed Rotors, pads, and ugrade the brake lines.