Window glass falls out of track: Rubber side channel broken

thambi23

besides the fact that my passenger side window keeps coming off the track i took off the panel and i see that the rubber grommet is ripped which is causing the window to fall off the track .. is there a way you can replace this rubber part so the window can stay intact?

RonJ

Banned
Post picture. But yes, it can be replaced.

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
... mine did the same, but it was on the driver side, this weekend i plan on taking it apart and seeing what went wrong. i was driving to school, and went to roll it down and went off track didnt fall down in the panel, it just starts this loud ass clicking when it gets to the top of the window

EkDude98

I got the same problem -______- s**t suckssssssssss :(
And Idk how to fix it, what happens in mine tho is that it goes down fine but when it comes up the window somehow gets caught and all crooked and I have to like pull the front of the glass towards the back and then it finishes going up =/

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got the same problem -______- s**t suckssssssssss :(
And Idk how to fix it, what happens in mine tho is that it goes down fine but when it comes up the window somehow gets caught and all crooked and I have to like pull the front of the glass towards the back and then it finishes going up =/

i have to pull the bck up -____-

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mine does it all the time. Take off the door panel, theres a gold bolt on the bottom left, loosen it and put the window back into it. Retighten the bolt, and your ready to go.. I do this about every 3 months.

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mine does it all the time. Take off the door panel, theres a gold bolt on the bottom left, loosen it and put the window back into it. Retighten the bolt, and your ready to go.. I do this about every 3 months.

thank you =)

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
CIVIC_VTEC,
Does yours get caught by the tweeter, and quits going up?
it goes up fine, then to the top it starts clicking reall loud. then i have to pull up on the wondow then put the window up it may just be off track

rebirth

5+ Year Member
it goes up fine, then to the top it starts clicking reall loud. then i have to pull up on the wondow then put the window up it may just be off track
If it's clicking, some of the teeth on the regulator may be damaged. Take off the panel, and look inside the hole while you raise it up and down. You will see when and where it starts clicking. Easy to change as well.

just unplug the power connector,
take off two bolts on bottom of window,
slide it out.
take off bolts on door,
slide the regulator out through the bottom opening, the motor is attached to it.
Change the regulator and put the old motor on, or just change them both while your at it.
reverse the installation,
Reinstall the window, and test before putting the panel back on.

thambi23

yeah it happened to my driver side too but i fixed it and its working perfectly fine now it happened to the passenger side .. so you can just buy the seal at autozone or advanced auto parts

slammedej8

5+ Year Member
sometimes the rubber piece is the problem. but usually its lack of proper lubrication, i recommend getting a new rubber piece (weather stripping/molding) whatever you want to call it and after installation take some silicon spray and spray all down the rubber. after wards roll the window up and down and let it work its way in, it works everytime.

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah it happened to my driver side too but i fixed it and its working perfectly fine now it happened to the passenger side .. so you can just buy the seal at autozone or advanced auto parts

yeah or napa any auto parts store carries it, esspecialy advanced, i worked their

mikemo

5+ Year Member
Had all the same problems with my civic, I got dry silicon spray no more problems with windows rolling up and down,anybodys windows stop working on them? I start and restart my civic 3 or 4 times and window power returns,dont know why it works.