Window Help

DaLostONE69

5+ Year Member
I'm having trouble with my passenger side window. I can put it down fine but when its time to put it back up it wont go all the way. So I'm assuming that the regulator is bad? Can any one point me in the right direction so i can get this fixed

MJcivicEJ8

Pop the panel off. The window mighta just slipped off the rail..typical problem with power windows on hondas..easy fix, just put it back in. =)

Decipher

Registered VIP
First, check that it's not getting stuck on the rubber seal that it slides in. Sometimes when it gets real hot outside(hot enough to make that rubber soft) mine will catch it and fold the rubber in on its self as it's sliding up which would prevent it from closing all the way. When it did this, I hit it with one tiny shot of graphite lubricant spray just to reduce the friction/grabbing.

MJcivicEJ8

Wouldn't it have to be on the rail to go down and back up again?
Okay, my post was kinda confusing..i'll try to explain it as much as i can. It is still on the rail but see, a bolt that's keeping the rail in place gets loose sometimes. So, whenever you try to raise up the window that rail moves away from the upper side of the window. Leaving the upper side tilted to the left and the lower part still on the rail. Which is why it allows you to only lower it with no prob but can't shut it back up. It happened to me several times already. I hope i explained it to where you understood it...lol:P

OR

what the other poster said can also cause the problem. but usually its the window rails that does that..

radracer

5+ Year Member
take the bolt out that gets loose and put a "star" body washer on the bolt and it will not loosen up on you

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've fixed mine 3 different times.

once with teflon grease on the rubber

once with the star washer on the bolt

A second time with teflon grease

Mine slips out of the track still and it's really pissing me off cause I cant use my drivers window

DaLostONE69

5+ Year Member
Okay, my post was kinda confusing..i'll try to explain it as much as i can. It is still on the rail but see, a bolt that's keeping the rail in place gets loose sometimes. So, whenever you try to raise up the window that rail moves away from the upper side of the window. Leaving the upper side tilted to the left and the lower part still on the rail. Which is why it allows you to only lower it with no prob but can't shut it back up. It happened to me several times already. I hope i explained it to where you understood it...lol:P

OR

what the other poster said can also cause the problem. but usually its the window rails that does that..
Alright thanks.. Just to make sure I get what your saying.. One of the bolts that hold that rail could be loose and not allowing the window to go up like it should?

Either way i order a new regulator from auto zone for 30 bucks. But I'll will give what your saying a chance