Window Out Of "Glass Run Channel" HELP!!

CivicMike

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
driver side window has come out of the glass run channel and now the window will not go up all the way, anyone have any suggestions about how I go about fixing this? I was hoping to not remove the door panel but if it is an easy process I'll do it. Let me know ASAP

dinko

fa' sheeez
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it takes like 3 screws to take it off the rest snaps off...

i had my window put in cuz it got busted and i had it on the wrong side of the plastic or something and it wouldn't go up, but as soon as i got it back on the right side it went up like a piece of cake

hit me up with a private messege if you need some help?

CivicMike

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dinko said:
it takes like 3 screws to take it off the rest snaps off...

i had my window put in cuz it got busted and i had it on the wrong side of the plastic or something and it wouldn't go up, but as soon as i got it back on the right side it went up like a piece of cake

hit me up with a private messege if you need some help?
My step father helped me out and we got the door panel offl, easy as you said it was (actually 5 screws, behind door lock, by window switches and 3 in the speaker) but it was simple enough, we got the window back in the track and WD-40ed the connections real nice, well see how long she holds up, thanx for the speedy reply!

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im still battling my windows for the past 3 years. Once the driver side lost its track, it kept on running out of the track as long as I dont roll it down all the way. My passenger side window got busted by some losers and now that I replaced the window, its starting to get outta track again.

dinko

fa' sheeez
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a 5th gen civic so i guess my panel is a little different. im glad it worked out for ya. it will probably hold up, but if not you know what to do now! haha

peace

SQL2112

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the same problem. I know of about 2 other people as well with the same problem on the driver side. If you consistanty close the door with the Window down, your pretty much going to develop this problem.

What really sucks is that the window tracks and stripping you need to fix it is like $100 from the dealer. Its basically some crappy metal and rubber.

[civic] said:
Im still battling my windows for the past 3 years. Once the driver side lost its track, it kept on running out of the track as long as I dont roll it down all the way. My passenger side window got busted by some losers and now that I replaced the window, its starting to get outta track again.

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SQL2112 said:
I have the same problem. I know of about 2 other people as well with the same problem on the driver side. If you consistanty close the door with the Window down, your pretty much going to develop this problem.

What really sucks is that the window tracks and stripping you need to fix it is like $100 from the dealer. Its basically some crappy metal and rubber.
Are you sure its $100 for one side? Do they also gaurantee this for an amount of time? I would get my passenger side done first because that side leaks air during higher speeds. Makes an annoying noise. Not to mention water when I wash the car.

Let me know...

SQL2112

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yep, $40 for EACH runner and $20 for the stripping around the window. At least, that how much it was when I called around my local honda dealers.

You'll notice that the longer you have the problem your window glass starts to stress the stripping from going up at the wrong angle and it warps your stripping. Then you'll get that air leak on the top left right by your ear and water will get in through the stripping by the mirror.

The crappy thing is that there was a recall on a ton of civics for this EXACT same problem the way I described it, but not mine, 1997.

[civic] said:
Are you sure its $100 for one side? Do they also gaurantee this for an amount of time? I would get my passenger side done first because that side leaks air during higher speeds. Makes an annoying noise. Not to mention water when I wash the car.

Let me know...

dinko

fa' sheeez
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah honda dealers charge up the ass. i have to pay $34 a piece for some cheap ass bushings where my strut connects to my control arm in the rear...

i dunno why they charge so much, but damn

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SQL2112 said:
The crappy thing is that there was a recall on a ton of civics for this EXACT same problem the way I described it, but not mine, 1997.

Im down to get it fixed for a bill. In my case, this is pretty bad. Plus its annoying.

What years were the recalls for?

I had a bodyshop replace my window once and now its hella crappy. The rubber mold is deformed not to mention ripped on the outter edge towards the corner near the seatbelt.

SQL2112

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude, I know your pain. I had the problem for 4 years till I failed inspection because of it. In VA the window has to work. I guess I got away with it somehow before or they forgot to check.

I had to replace the runners, stripping, the electric engine, and the glass. It was like a $400 ordeal with no performance boost!

[civic] said:
Im down to get it fixed for a bill. In my case, this is pretty bad. Plus its annoying.

I had a bodyshop replace my window once and now its hella crappy. The rubber mold is deformed not to mention ripped on the outter edge towards the corner near the seatbelt.

SQL2112

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh, also, I don't know what years the recall was for but you can check your car on the Honda site. They have some thing you sign up for.

[civic] said:

streetdemon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had the same prob about a month ago...take off the door pannel, then loosten the track and move it over the window then tighten it real tight. put the pannel back on and its all fixed...it has not messed up on me again...knock on wood lol.

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
streetdemon said:
i had the same prob about a month ago...take off the door pannel, then loosten the track and move it over the window then tighten it real tight. put the pannel back on and its all fixed...it has not messed up on me again...knock on wood lol.
Crazy s**t happened again. I popped out the window yesterday because I decided to roll it more than halfway just to see what happens. Its always a temporary fix for me because it always pops out. I just lubed it up really good this time.

SQL2112

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, in another thread I found a car place where you can buy the right stuff to fix your window for less than $100.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catdisplay.jsp

Put in your year/model/etc then choose "'Door/Window". You need to replace parts 11, 12, and 13 for the driver side. You might not need both sashes but the sash is what actually caused the problem for me. I just replaced basically everything in the door since I had the problem for like years, it was all rusted/damaged/corroded.

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SQL2112 said:
Ok, in another thread I found a car place where you can buy the right stuff to fix your window for less than $100.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catdisplay.jsp

Put in your year/model/etc then choose "'Door/Window". You need to replace parts 11, 12, and 13 for the driver side. You might not need both sashes but the sash is what actually caused the problem for me. I just replaced basically everything in the door since I had the problem for like years, it was all rusted/damaged/corroded.
Good s**t...

I just posted it up since its mostly a 6th gen problem so far.

hussain

5+ Year Member
ok sorry to bring up an old thread back but ARGHHHHH i have this problem on BOTH windows!!!!!!!! now i dont put my windows all the way down, just half way does me know nowing my window will go back up but it still has a slight gap at top of window near door side mirror..stupid honda window channels! i live in the uk and uk prices are sh1t...gona have to pop down soon because i want my car to work properly and not be some horrible laughing joke

J-Howe

5+ Year Member
my 99 started doing that exact same thing like 2 days ago...its done it twice now....once you get the door panel off, theres a 10mm bolt that loosens the track closet to the front of the car. once thats loose it was easy to get the window back in.

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have had that happen. One day tore it all apart. Totally cleaned everything and re-lubed it with white grease. Lasted almost 2 years until i sold it no problems and only cost about $10 for grease and cleaner.

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok sorry to bring up an old thread back but ARGHHHHH i have this problem on BOTH windows!!!!!!!! now i dont put my windows all the way down, just half way does me know nowing my window will go back up but it still has a slight gap at top of window near door side mirror..stupid honda window channels! i live in the uk and uk prices are sh1t...gona have to pop down soon because i want my car to work properly and not be some horrible laughing joke
Me too. My driver side window popped out once, put it back in, but now it doesn't go up straight. To get it to be fully sealed I have to roll the window almost all the way up, then actually pull the window up by itself, crank the handle a little and then do it again. The window crank seems to have a little play in it, which I think might be the issue. :(