window regulator

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my window doesnt go up all the way, theres a small gap at the top & water leaks in by my front tweeter & gets all over my door and expensive speakers..

i was told by a shop that its the regulator, does anyone have a good DIY or any tips for replacing it? i've been searching and it doesnt look too bad

also here's the one i found online:
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Honda/Civic/Dorman/Window_Regulator/1998/EX/4_Cyl_1-dot-6L/RB740737.html?loc=Front,+driver+side&tlc=Auto+Body+Parts+&+Mirrors#reviews

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does the window shudder when going up or down? sounds like window maybe off track.

Boricuapr_1

5+ Year Member
I had the same problem and in fact it was the regulator, i bought one that looks just like the one your trying to buy and is no good the motor makes an awful sound when is being used, i'd rather recommend the OEM one from honda, thats what im about to get......the replacement wasn't hard at all a few screws and done
Good Luck

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the window goes up/down fine, im pretty sure its the regulator, i had a shop look at it before. i'll have to look into the OEM one, thanks

RonJ

Banned
does the window shudder when going up or down? sounds like window maybe off track.
This is definitely worth looking into before replacing the regulator. You also might try spraying some silicone lubricant into the rubber side channels.

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when the shop looked at it and tried every adjustment possible nothing worked, they also put some type of grease or something in there and no use. also i feel like the oem regulator might be pretty expensive

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
would buying that used be a bad idea bc i wouldnt know if it works?

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
also i did not see the window regulator on majestic honda

edit: i just posted a wtb