Window Tinting Suggestions?

PsychoJet

We're thinking about tinting about '11 Civic LX sedan. Looking to stay legal within our home state, so it'll likely be 50% for front 2 windows and 35% for back windows and rear windshield. Anyway, given the choices below, thoughts?

1) 3M FX-High Performance Film: $219.99
2) 3M Color-Stable Window Film(nano-carbon polyester technology): $249.99
3) Llumar Metallized Window Film: $199
4) Llumar Ceramic Window Film: $249

All would come with life-time warranty.

We do not have an in-dash nav system, only a portable Garmin.

Oh, the purpose isn't to make the car look all fancy and such, main reason is to minimize potential heat and sunlight discomforts to a newborn.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
50% and 35% is not going to really give you much of a difference to be honest... I understand wanting to be legal but you might as well just go get a $8 window sun shade for your newborn and save your money if you're going to get that high of a percentage

PsychoJet

50% and 35% is not going to really give you much of a difference to be honest... I understand wanting to be legal but you might as well just go get a $8 window sun shade for your newborn and save your money if you're going to get that high of a percentage
Actually, we did consider this, however the idea was rejected for several reasons.

1) As cheap and 'convenient' as those pull shades are, they are also not the most see through (I bought a set, and it sucked)
2) Having it up also prevents the windows from being lowered thus one would have to go through the hassle of removing it first. If one forgets to remove it, it goes flying out the car.
3) Once baby gets older towards the toddler age range, they will almost always grab and pull it down, off, whatever

Civv

I have 20% on my rear windows and 35% on the front windows and i haven't been pulled over yet. They're very good at keeping sunlight out and I got my whole car tinted for $150.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I have %15 on my front windows and %5 all around the back and have never been pulled over (not saying you won't depending on your area) I guess for me thats a lot of dough to drop on such a little change, but do what you think is best for you

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well if your going to want it to be legal your going to be disappointed. At least In CA you cant have any tint at all on the front two windows.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well if your going to want it to be legal your going to be disappointed. At least In CA you cant have any tint at all on the front two windows.
i AGREE find out whats legal from your state regarding window tints. cuz in CALi we cant legally tint any windows in the front, cuz of obstruction of views. and those prices seem overprice, but then agian u live somewhere esle. Its good to have sunlight on a new born, maybe you should get a low tint with UV protection. dont forget if you go to dark, its also dangerous driving at night, protect the newborn and keep it un tint to maintain 100 % visibility.