Window Trim Goo

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a problem with my passenger window (99 ex coupe). The inside piece (rubber/fabric?) of the two that the window goes up and down between seems to be wearing down and leaving streaks on the window. It has like a goo that is getting smudged on the window and Ive been trying to clean between the two pieces for weeks but have had no results. Today I look down and see the goo and start peeling it off. It turns out its part of the fabric. I guess I need to replace this piece? Do any of you guys know what its called and how to replace it?
Thanks!

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Glass channel run.....Part #8 or 13... Here....Try the junk yard/craigslist first....In the meantime, pickup a can of silicone spray, and spray your window channels....

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys! Anybody know how to replace it though?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Pull off the door panel and just pop the metal tabs up. It comes right off. Swap the felt track trim thing out and push the tabs back down. Put the door panel back on =)

1997EK

1997 Civic DX (EJ6)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pull off the door panel and just pop the metal tabs up. It comes right off. Swap the felt track trim thing out and push the tabs back down. Put the door panel back on =)
:word:

Same thing happened on my car. Simple fix. Good luck!

Sidewinder4.9l

It is a very common issue for early model vehicles.....Essentially the rubber cracks and dry rots off, leaving the felt/fabric inner section...Without the rubber, the metal tabs can sometimes rub nice big places in window tint.....Just my .02 worth...

Also-A good window tint safe cleaner is Invisible Glass Cleaner....About $4 a pop at Wally World/Advance Auto Parts....Is awesome IMO...

-Wes

Boricuapr_1

5+ Year Member
Thanks for all this info, very helpfull, just order a set of the Inner Weatherstrip, thanks for the link mportedcivicsi

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I got the part today. Installed it and it was really easy. Thanks guys!