windshield trim (water canals)

anv2tk

Respected
Hey guys,

I am in need of some guidance please. I am having my windshield replaced, and the trim around it is extremely brittle. I am specifically looking for the side trim, or as the safelite tech called it, the "water canals".

Here is what I have done so far, so as to not be THAT guy:
1. I looked in the "civic parts store" tab as well as the "classified" tab
2. I did a keyword search for "windshield" trim in the search box
3. I read through the suggested threads regarding windshields

What my question is:
Does anybody have any suggestions on where I can purchase said trim pieces? Of course, I am leaving ebay and the junkyard as a last resort, as I am hopeful there is an aftermarket company that has a somewhat reputable product.

Thanks to anybody that cares enough to look through this lol I know its random...

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

anv2tk

Respected
I would hit up the dealer. They can't be that expensive. That or find them at an OEM wholesale supplier online, but shipping could be larger due to the size of the pieces.

What's the car? Trim line?

Took 2 seconds on a wholesale site. $66+ each side. Number 5, 6 and 7 in the picture. http://www.1hondaparts.com/auto-parts/1995/honda/civic-coupe/dx-trim/5-speed-manual-engine/body-air-conditioning-cat/front-windshield-scat

its a 94 civic ex. Ive visited Honda parts, I just forgot about it. All I need is parts 6 and 7. I thought about the dealer, but figured the car is too old for them to stock that stuff. thanks for the advice ...

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dealer won't likely stock something like this but they can certainly order it if it is still available at their respective warehouses.