Winter mode

Quadrunner804

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
New for the winter:
Steelies with my snow tires painted black with red lip, and OEM Si lip.

Rushed out tonight to snap some quick pictures before it got too dark. Going out tomorow after class to take some daytime shots so you can actually see the red lip on the wheels.

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those steelies actually look good. i painted my black and they look crappy, not nearly that shiny. but yeah.

you should paint the foglight slots black, it would look alot better, unless you plan on getting fogs soon.

Quadrunner804

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, well there not just spray bombed, my dad actually painted them black for me with three coats of clear.
And as for fogs I think that and a rear lip are going to be my next purchases.

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah thats why they look so good. you should paint the grille and lip. (unless the grille is carbon fiber) i think cf or black grilles only look good if other pieces of trim are black like sideskirts, side molding, mirros, etc.

but keep up the good work

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't understand putting the lip on for winter either

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
now that is a good idea...!!!!!

:thumbs up

I cant wait to see the daytime pics

Quadrunner804

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the positive comments everyone. Didn't have a chance to get any daytime shots today, but I should be able to get some tomorow.

And the reason the Si lip is on for the winter is because its getting painted white come springtime along with the Si grill. I just couldn't wait to get them on, so I decided I would rock them both in black for the winter. Plus I kinda like the way they look black, especially with the black steelies on now instead of my blades.

97ej6mike

5+ Year Member
lol, gotta love slappin the steelies on, and raising the susp back up to a not-so-slammed height, unless of course you enjoy dragging your lip like a snowplow.

1999civicsi

Banned
y would u take off ur lip for the winter? do u drive in heavy snow with ur honda civic? most driving is usually done after the roads are cleared...i would never winter mode my car..to me its stupid...i can get my lip painted for about 75 dollars...its not like im gonna keep my car the rest of my life...yea i take care of it and maintain it but winter is winter..my car stays clean neway...i dunno just my opinoin sorry...

Quadrunner804

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
97ej6mike said:
lol, gotta love slappin the steelies on, and raising the susp back up to a not-so-slammed height, unless of course you enjoy dragging your lip like a snowplow.
Unfortunately I roll this same "not-so-slammed" height all year long thanks to my Eibach Pro System. :smackself Looking back I def would have gone with coilovers for the adjustability, but hey, you live and you learn.

Quadrunner804

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1999civicsi said:
y would u take off ur lip for the winter? do u drive in heavy snow with ur honda civic? most driving is usually done after the roads are cleared...i would never winter mode my car..to me its stupid...i can get my lip painted for about 75 dollars...its not like im gonna keep my car the rest of my life...yea i take care of it and maintain it but winter is winter..my car stays clean neway...i dunno just my opinoin sorry...
I'm not so sure who any of your comments are aimed towards, but I will assume they were all towards me? :2confused
1. I didn't take my lip off for the winter but actually put a brand new one on.
2. I dont think most people plan on driving in heavy snow with their Honda Civics, but for those who do remove their lip for the winter I imagine their feelings are better safe than sorry.
3. I'm glad you think putting your car into winter mode is stupid, but in my case, and many others the main point is to get their nice wheels off so that they arent damaged in any way by the road conditions/road salt. Many people also mount snow tires on their winter wheels to help just incase they have to drive their Honda Civics in the snow. I absolutely love my winter tires because they handle pretty decent when the ground is dry, and drive through the snow like its not even there, and that really helps when you work as a pizza delivery boy and have to work regardless of the snow on the roads.

I hope this clears some things up.