Wiper arms...

james79s

5+ Year Member
Hey guys,

I am looking to replace the wiper arms on my 04 Civic, I have found a few places that I can order from online, but I figured I would check first if anybody had any suggestions?

The only reason I want to replace them is because the paint has started to flake off on the end of the arm that is attached on the car... Instead of replacing them, is there a relatively easy way to maybe sand and repaint them? I would even know what kind of paint to use on them.

Any help is greatly appreciated.... Thanks!

James

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude get a uniwiper their all the rage right now looks super clean. You can pick them up at auto zone

james79s

5+ Year Member
I am not a big fan... I would rather just fix these ones...

Does it make sense to jsut sand down and buy some black automotive paint? I am jsut not sure what kind of paint to buy

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take em off sandem primer and paint them matte black youll be good as new probabaly cheaper than buying new ones plus i really dont think u need to take em off your car just put cardboard and news paper everywhere.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
When I had an rx7 back in the day I was going to put on one of those DJ, but yeah I would just take yours off one afternoon and sand 'em down then paint them gloss or flat black. For God Sakes, please don't put those fuggly chrome ones on to replace!!!!

I see people around here that do that along with the chrome windshield cleaners on the hood, and I just want to puch them in the sack!
Keep it clean

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahah the chrome windshield wipers with two rubber blades.....wtf is the point to get your window 2 times drier???

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take em off sandem primer and paint them matte black youll be good as new probabaly cheaper than buying new ones plus i really dont think u need to take em off your car just put cardboard and news paper everywhere.
Take them off. Don't paint them while they're on the car.

hondamotoxer

Driver
5+ Year Member
hah! i was about to say, the only cars i see with the fat chrome blades are the winners accesorizing at autozone

get some of those like they put on new luxury cars, bosch calles it icon? its less moving parts and looks sleek(oh and its single edge)

james79s

5+ Year Member
So I got this done the other day, worked well... I mean I am no expert, but it looks better than the flaking paint! Thanks for all your help guys!

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am not a big fan... I would rather just fix these ones...

Does it make sense to jsut sand down and buy some black automotive paint? I am jsut not sure what kind of paint to buy

Semi-gloss black.

Cheap Brite-Touch semi-gloss black works perfect.

Flat will work too, but semi-gloss seems to hold up better for me and looks better IMO.

I'm not a big fan of painting them bright aluminum or body color but some people like that look too.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahah the chrome windshield wipers with two rubber blades.....wtf is the point to get your window 2 times drier???
to add twice the drag to your windshield wiper motor and shorten it's life by half.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i painted my dad's wiper blades with flat black spray paint last night, looks pretty good, need to reinstall them today.