Wiper noise and auto. window problems

m3levine

5+ Year Member
Hi all,

I have a 2008 EX.

I noticed that my windshield wipers will click every time they "wipe" only if the wiper mode is on intermittent.

Also, in cold winter weather (I live in Canada) my driver side auto "up" will not work properly sometimes. The window will go up 3/4 of the way, then pause and go down to about half way and stop. I have to hold the button to make it go up all the way...but as I said, it's only in cold weather.

If anyone is experiencing the same thing, or knows how to fix these issues it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks =)

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
The click that you hear is that the wipers are activating and then de-activating. Reason why you don't hear them on low or high is because they are active so that the motor continues its work. Don't worry, my 08' LX does the same thing. Even my old 2001 VW passat did that. It's nothing to worry about. on the other hand, does the thing with the window only happen while the car is cold or when it is warmed up inside and when the motor is warm too...like if you have been driving it for like 30 minutes. If it only happens while the car is cold. The motor is too cold so it doesn't want to work. Like for example...when you wake up tired or cold, you dont want to work either....:D

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well. all the auto up things have a safety feature (including sunroof) if something is blocking it. it stops and rolls back down some. there could be something making it think its blocked. because that is the only way it will roll itself back down. i would ask the dealer. they will try and say they cant do anything if they cant duplicate it. but you may can talk them into looking at it. and if they wont. keep going back and complaining. and make sure they put it on your record so they know it happens often.

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
Pretty much if you keep going to the dealer....they will have to check what is causing the problem if you keep going back to them.....:D

Magic420

5+ Year Member
Yesterday My wipers were doin the same thing, clicking for no reason. It was gettin me annoyed, And I relized Couple of days before I saw your post about this issue. Im gonna give it another try to see if it still clicks. I know exactly what you are talking about. It happens when when you turn it a couple of notch and its on auto wiping mode right?

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
Yesterday My wipers were doin the same thing, clicking for no reason. It was gettin me annoyed, And I relized Couple of days before I saw your post about this issue. Im gonna give it another try to see if it still clicks. I know exactly what you are talking about. It happens when when you turn it a couple of notch and its on auto wiping mode right?
yes...the first click would be intermediate...when that mode is activated...they turn on to wipe..then u will hear a click again when they get down...but when u drop it another lvl...it will switch to auto and u wont hear the click until u turn off your wipers

m3levine

5+ Year Member
Yes, the click goes away when you put it on the second or third setting. I guess there's no getting rid of it...ANNOYING!!!

I have to take my car in for a maintenance check, so I'll get my dealer to look at it and keep you all informed.

m3levine

5+ Year Member
on the other hand, does the thing with the window only happen while the car is cold or when it is warmed up inside and when the motor is warm too...like if you have been driving it for like 30 minutes. If it only happens while the car is cold. The motor is too cold so it doesn't want to work. Like for example...when you wake up tired or cold, you dont want to work either....:D

No, once the car and motor is warmed up the window works fine.

Magic420

5+ Year Member
yea, i think mine stopped making the noise.. it's weird lol..I don't know, man thats one thing about Hondas and Acruas...not to downgrade or anythin but , car is great and all, but some parts can be turn very flimsy sometimes like out of nowhere...but I still love my Si with passion...= P

Magic420

5+ Year Member
Ok now this is an issue, Its true that when the wipers are on Intermediate mode it makes click noises when it goes up and once it goes down, making a total of 2 clicking noises....How can this be fixed? is it the wiring?
I'm pretty sure it can be fixed

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
Ok now this is an issue, Its true that when the wipers are on Intermediate mode it makes click noises when it goes up and once it goes down, making a total of 2 clicking noises....How can this be fixed? is it the wiring?
I'm pretty sure it can be fixed
There is nothing wrong with it.......It is pretty much the switch turns on and off. That's it! It just clicks when the wipers go up and then when they come back down you hear the click again. That is just like you turn a light switch on and off... thats the click!