wipers wont turn off. need help asap!

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was driving in the pouring rain today and my wipers were working great, when i got home and put the switch in the off position, they continue to move. the three different settings are all the same, except the fastest one goes a bit faster than the others.

when the wiper stick is on "off" they move as they are on the "slow" setting, but the often hesitate about 4 inches from the bottom of the window, sometimes stopping there for a few seconds.

does anyone have any idea because i cant keep driving around with my wipers on.

i appreciate any input and i tried doing my research before posting

thanks

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pull fuse out till you can get a new switch assembly? hope you get this fixed soon

JuiceBoxHero

ASE Certified Chef
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Even if it isn't, it wont hurt to replace the whole thing since there is obviously something wrong with it.

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea most likely a switch I might have one for sale its for a hatch

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks ronj, im replacing the control modoul, i forget what its called, its like the "transmission" if you will, for the motor

civic 209, why even bother posting

RonJ

Banned
thanks ronj, im replacing the control modoul, i forget what its called, its like the "transmission" if you will, for the motor
Why do think the integrated control unit in the dash fuse box is bad? It controls the intermittent, washer, and park functions of the wiper. Did you test the switch?