Wireless Switch\Relay?

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont know the name of exactly what im looking for so Ill just try and explain it along with a picture.

I'm at work, so a quick paint job was all i could do :oops: :lol:

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bumpidy bump?

Does anyone at least know of a way to make this or something? This is REALLY important to my next project. Please help me out peeps!

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you just looking for a wireless switch?

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont even know where to begin. I know it can be done. Something very similar is incorporated into high end clifford alarms, but to make one yourself is going to be a pain I think

what exactly are you trying to do?

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeh, but ive tried searching for a wireless switch and I always end up with the computer switch (networking).

Example of what im trying to do. Pretend you have a show car and you have a little led trophy case sitting next to your car. When you step on the brake the led trophy case lights up. This is not in any way similar to what im doing, but its the basic concept. Somethign turns on the switch, the switch sends a signal to a reciever which in turn turns on that object. When you are done depressing the brake, the unit turns off.

Thanks for the help! And oh yeah, it cant be anything too bulky...

mercuryrising

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...maybe one of those 'auxiliary light remote control" they sell at wal-mart, its basicialy a keyfob like a keyless entry that tuens somethg on or off..hack into one of them, and your good to go?

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah im thinking im going to have to get something with a remote on and then tap into the power line and open up the remote and try to figure out which one is the on/off etc. damn this project may be too hard/expensive for me =`/

potatobiker8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i found a wireless switch that im gonna buy and install into my car for cutoff switches...it works how like an alarm remote would work......would that help you out?

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It might, i just need something that has a transmitter/receiver, and the receiver is turned on when power is sent through the transmitter. I wish I knew more about circuitry so that id be able take apart the remote. I found a mod on a motorcycle forum where the guy took his garage door opener and wired the remote into his motorcycle so that when he turned on the brights, his garage door opened.