Wiring Help!!

90efhatch

5+ Year Member
Alright here is my problem...i am swapping a 2000 civic si b16 into my 90 hatch. What i need to kno is how to get the obd2 ecu to run the rest of my car. If anyone knos how to do this please let me kno!! All help is greatly appreciated.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you dont, you get OBD0 injectors, injector clips, OBD0 distributor, and OBD0 B16 ECU.

a OBD0 to OBD2 conversion will be a b***h, and not worth it.

its a simple B series swap, except you need OBD0 componets, what i listed above

90efhatch

5+ Year Member
i didnt think of that.

but i dont have any of those components and i need to get my car running. so i need to find out how to get that ecu to run the rest of my car.

i appreciate the help tho

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you would need to do alot of wiring to get the ecu to run the car..

it wont just plug and play in.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your best bet, is to do what i said, find a pr3 ecu, some OBD0 MPFI injectors, and a B16 OBD0 distributor.

90efhatch

5+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
your best bet, is to do what i said, find a pr3 ecu, some OBD0 MPFI injectors, and a B16 OBD0 distributor.
dude no offense but you already told me that and i told u that i dont have that stuff i need to make what i have work!!!!

NoBoost

138,000 Mi. EM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
90efhatch said:
dude no offense but you already told me that and i told u that i dont have that stuff i need to make what i have work!!!!
um..then your s**t wont work!

90efhatch

5+ Year Member
i have the 2000 si sittin in my garage if i can use some of the stuff off of that let me kno.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
90efhatch said:
thanks for nothing jackass. if you cant help me dont post.
I dont really think this was nessesary. He said it wont work. I think that is helping you.

proshadetree

5+ Year Member
get diagram for both cars wire the beast as the new one getting power and ground where needed of of your cars wiring obd2 rocks because you can diagnose you car better.

SilentMist

10 psi seems like a dream
90efhatch said:
i have the 2000 si sittin in my garage if i can use some of the stuff off of that let me kno.

1. Listen to these guy for there the only one who lacks the knowledge and the patience to even post in your thread`s

2.You`ll need all the above stated obd0 parts to make that b16 run correctly in your 89 civic.

3. You wanna wire up that obd2 have fun .When your car lights up and burst into Flames blame "YourSelf"

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
proshadetree said:
get diagram for both cars wire the beast as the new one getting power and ground where needed of of your cars wiring obd2 rocks because you can diagnose you car better.

yea only if you have an obd2 car.... putting this in an obd0 car wont help you at all....the check engine light will come on and you wont be able to find out what it is....you wont have a port to find out

proshadetree

5+ Year Member
Wire all the obd2 to this car plug and all. All you need is the powers and grounds from your car.You use all obd2 sensors you then have the complete system in your car.Is there a lot of crap to consider yes like where are you going to run speed sensor from when you need the speedomter cable for the speedo.This can be done but as stated it is a pain.If your bucks down have all the stuff for obd2 and lots of time,you have something most are afraid to do.If you need it running fast go obd0 it is simpler. Late model fuel control is leaps and bounds over early but you got to do your home work.Yor ecu dosnt know what kind of car is around it just what info it gets.