Wiring is a B*tch... some before and afters interior

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Doing some wiring now... this is my first attempt at completely wiring a car from scratch. Pay no attention to the turd brown column, lol.... I'll paint it and I've got a new steering wheel for it. 8)

Here's a before shot, the old steering column... I have no idea what it was from.. it's was all screwed up, had to go. The floor wasn't done, there were no transmission mounts and the new shifter was added.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eeee

lotta wires, good luck man :thumbs up

CAN'T WAIT to see how it turns out

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol oh come on, there's only like 10 wires. try tracking down a burnt wire in a modern car's harness

so when you gonna chop the top on that b***h?

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol dude i dunno how ur gonna accomplish this...lol...
u got a book or somethign that gets down tot he knitty gritty about the wiring?

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
cause u gonna need it :lol: 8)

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
steve98ex said:
lol oh come on, there's only like 10 wires. try tracking down a burnt wire in a modern car's harness

so when you gonna chop the top on that b***h?
Only like 10 wires. :lol: not all of them are shown in the pic. But, it is a considerably smaller amount than a modern car.
The top chopping will wait til she's on the road for a while. That'd set me back a lot further... I'd rather drive it for a while.

Blazed said:
ol dude i dunno how ur gonna accomplish this...lol...
u got a book or somethign that gets down tot he knitty gritty about the wiring?

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
cause u gonna need it
How I'm gonna accomplish this? :lol: Probably because I've done it all several times. This is just the first time wiring from absolutely nothing. Not that big a deal, it's all coming together now... and will be finished up soon. ;)

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol i get headaches from wiring power mirrors in a dx...
still haven;t wired mines up...again..GOOD LUCK :lol:

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blazed said:
lol i get headaches from wiring power mirrors in a dx...
still haven;t wired mines up...again..GOOD LUCK :lol:
jesus... lol. :roll: yeah, I could see how you might have problems with this. lol. I've still got keyless entry w/ door poppers to add to all this too. 8)

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i wish i had a digicam. there's a couple greasers down the road that get a new car and chop it in there driveway every few months, its impressive to see how fast they do it

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
steve98ex said:
i wish i had a digicam. there's a couple greasers down the road that get a new car and chop it in there driveway every few months, its impressive to see how fast they do it
yeah, I know a few that do it. I've got a solid top though and I don't want to screw up a good thing. It's also not very cheap at all. Recently I've seen lots of bad chops on 49-51 fords... I guess it's easy to not quite get it rite... I dunno want to be one of those guys rite off the bat. I wanna drive it for a while before I fu-k it up. :lol:

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
6sic6 said:
jesus... lol. :roll: yeah, I could see how you might have problems with this. lol. I've still got keyless entry w/ door poppers to add to all this too. 8)
hey they r jdm..:rolf:

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad to see its coming along.... Can't wait to see that beast when it is semi-done.... ;)

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks fun, We did that with my friends mustang, but we used one of thoes pre made harnesses from jegs. It makes it a little easier.