witch is better for turbo charging type-R or GSR

1sckcvc

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wouldnt turbo neither....especially if i had the money to throw into whatever motor i wanted then boost it. get a b16 and go all motor if you got tons of money to throw down. 2 of my boys have 12 second all motor hatchs. sick. but if i had to choose a motor to boost it would be an ls hands down

1sckcvc

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
child_racer said:
with stock internals on a B18B1 you can push around 8 psi safely and with good maintenance 10, but if you dont know your ins and outs of forced induction, you should stay around 8. That'll only put at you about 190whp or so.....it'll be fast....but not forced induction fast if you know what i mean. When upgrading look to replace, pistons, rods, piston rings, sleeves, camshafts (if you want better top end), valves, valve springs, retainers, thicker gaskets, ignition, spark plugs, spark plug wires, injectors, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator................you get the idea. I kinda went to the extreme but, no sense in half-assin' something :D
unless you plan on boosting over 10psi dont worry about replacing s**t. Just upgrade your fuel management and ignition. Get a 255lph walbro, 440 rc injectors and use the afc hack to control them. Get 1 step colder ngk plugs, keep your stock plug wires those work just fine. Maybe msd 6al (not necessary) but the msd 6btm is good to have. retards timing under boost. other than that you dont need s**t except the turbo kit and good tuning. HOLLA

1sckcvc

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know a dozen guys who run that setup i just suggested at 13-14 psi all day stock internals.

Ace$nyper

I shall use a cute puppy to display my anger to this

JDM Blue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Martin Racing Design said:
duuuurrrrrrrrrr.. b18c1.

Hype R's are way higher compression... and more $. Without GREAT tuning, kiss your 4400 goodbye.

If its an all turbo build, why would you want to pay more for the Hype R if you're going to be ripping apart the motor any how?
i just wanted to say i love your avatar, GODDDDDD thats a sweet pic, oh and B18C-R, but most people who pick up B18C-Rs go for all motor, to each his own!