wont shift in 1 or 2 gear when raining???

redSi215

EVA LONGORIA IS HOT
5+ Year Member
WTF i dont get it!!!!!! when it rains really hard ....my shifter feels liike its gonna fall off the linkage and it wont go into 1 or 2 gear.........i put it up on ramps and checked it out.....everythings bolted on tight linkage isnt loose ....i dont understand it.....it happened 2 times when it rained heavily ....other than that no problems atr all.......anyone ever had this problem or know what it could be

NeonImpact

7thgencivic.com @dmin
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Synchro's? (sp?)

NeonImpact

7thgencivic.com @dmin
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well im not really sure, but maybe the dampness has something to do with it?

I'm really unsure, worst of all, I thought Heat would do the most damage.

What kinda specs are we looking @ towards your tranny/shifter setup?

redSi215

EVA LONGORIA IS HOT
5+ Year Member
i have an em1 ....short shifter ...only got 44k miles on it.....is that the kinda spec u wanted?

NeonImpact

7thgencivic.com @dmin
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Was this trans a part of this specific engine or did it need replacing?

Brand of SS?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats odd as hell......thats all i can say about this...

redSi215

EVA LONGORIA IS HOT
5+ Year Member
stock trans!! ebay shifter.....i checked it out its in right and everythings tightened.....again i have no problem when its not a downpour .....it shifts fine no problems ...until it rains real bad

Contender25

1993 Civic DX hatchback
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well change you'r damn tranny fluid, or put some in. If you got a manual transmission, then get some honda tranny fluid, or 10w-30 i guess, and drain/refill it, or add some, if it's auto then i guess get auto tranny fluid, i don't know but thats strange, so hope that idea helps. =)

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Contender25 said:
Well change you'r damn tranny fluid, or put some in. If you got a manual transmission, then get some honda tranny fluid, or 10w-30 i guess, and drain/refill it, or add some, if it's auto then i guess get auto tranny fluid, i don't know but thats strange, so hope that idea helps. =)
they dont make auto si's...

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^^:rolf:
i'm thinkin something with the short shifter...gives a lot of epople problems even when its not raining..:what:

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NeonImpact said:
Was this trans a part of this specific engine or did it need replacing?

Brand of SS?
this dude just needs to STOP trying to answer questions.

ive heard of this before and its a strange phenominon. because we all know the properties of metal, i would have to guess that it might be somthing in the bushings or somthing that happens to the bushings when they get wet. as its the only thing in contact with the elements that could effect shift-ability.