won't turn over?

1993civicDX

hello I just recently did a head gasket change on my 1993 civic dx and it worked great for a while but now it won't start. sounds like it wants to but just cant for some reason.

my car is a d15b7 all stock.

stuff I have checked.
Got new plugs and wires around 3 months ago.
Plugs are all good except for 1 looks a little orange.
Fuel pump DOES turn on when i turn the power on.
Alternator starts
Battery was charged
Starter engages

Next in line I figured would be the dist. cap and rotor since I am pretty sure it's spark. Took the cap off and the prongs are kinda corroded and chipped. Also the rotor has worn down teeth with junk in them. scraped off the corrosion from the dist. cap and kinda cleaned out the teeth of the rotor.

Just wondering if that may be the problem! thanks!

Note: does not start fast or anything and theres no room for my timing belt to slip off so pretty sure the timing belt is fine.

Deadswitch

maybe you are having trouble getting the fuel lines back primed? Try turning the key on and off a few times and let it prime. I would also suggest trying to start it with another car hook up to keep a strong charge on the battery....This is all considering EVERYTHING else is in order on your vehicle and it is spinning and not turning over.

1993civicDX

maybe you are having trouble getting the fuel lines back primed? Try turning the key on and off a few times and let it prime. I would also suggest trying to start it with another car hook up to keep a strong charge on the battery....This is all considering EVERYTHING else is in order on your vehicle and it is spinning and not turning over.
taking the battery to get it charged here in a few. shop down the road does it for free (it's completely dead pushed my car around 12 miles to my house had to leave lights and flashers on)

If it don't start I'm going to check the spark. was reading up on it, and it says to take the cap off and there should be a blue spark in the dist.?