Words i never expected to say...

Tara Jean

OC_Civic's Girl
5+ Year Member
I think that it was something that I had read about you moving out to Cali, then when you and him were dating I sort of assumed that he lived in Cali too.
I had to take a second look when I saw that your location is 609, same as mine.
i think i know what you are talking about. i said i fell inlove with OC...i was referring to anthony (oc_civic) < oc refers to ocean city...lol

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ill be getting a FNP .45 soon. so when those zombies come, ill know i can put em down for good.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ok, lol doesnt matter.
Good to see a couple fellow Jerseyers here :thumbs up:.

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ill be getting a FNP .45 soon. so when those zombies come, ill know i can put em down for good.
I've really been looking into those for my next weapon purchase. FN makes quality hardware.

It's either that or a 7.62 NATO variant of the Sig 556...if they ever make it. The Sig 556 is a great take on the AR platform but 5.56 is too weak for my blood.

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm not a glock fan. i've actually yet to find a DAO or striker-fire pistol that i agree with. if i were to HAVE to get one, it'd be an XD. i like the grip safety.

ii've been looking for a CZ-75, sig P226 in SAO, or HK USP

considering my budget, i'll get the CZ-75. probably from tangfolio as the EAA WITNESS; i like the way it feels more than the other two anyway. the CZ is a truly awesome pistol.

my first pistol was a government issue 1911 =)

the sig 556 is a joke. if you're going to get an AR get a rock river, if you're going to get an expensive AR get a patriot ordnance factory. either of them in 6.8 SPC or 6.5 Grendel (i prefer the grendel ballistics, but the 6.8 has better knock-down power).

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
..didnt read the whole thread but how exactly did you land on the .40? I was looking at one because of its compromise between stopping power/cal size and round capacity. However, I may just pick up a 9mm.. I really need to practice more.. 1 9mm to the head / chest > 1 .45 to the arm or complete miss ;)

..and where exactly are you looking for ammo? that's kinda on the expensive side..

..also, are you on any hand gun forums?

sorry for all the questions lol

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Tara and Anthony, get a damn room! :bluelol:

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm not a glock fan. i've actually yet to find a DAO or striker-fire pistol that i agree with. if i were to HAVE to get one, it'd be an XD. i like the grip safety.

ii've been looking for a CZ-75, sig P226 in SAO, or HK USP

my first pistol was a government issue 1911 =)
If you're a 1911 guy you'd prob like the XD, grip angle is similar. Feels way more natural to me than glocks, I love mine.

killer_siller said:
the sig 556 is a joke. if you're going to get an AR get a rock river, if you're going to get an expensive AR get a patriot ordnance factory. either of them in 6.8 SPC or 6.5 Grendel (i prefer the grendel ballistics, but the 6.8 has better knock-down power).
Doh:smackself I was actually thinking HK416 in my head, don't know why I posted the SIG 556.:lol: I'm so out of it today. I love AR type rifles, but I've outgrown the fouling issues with them. Putting a hundred rounds through mine and having it lock up until clean again is ridiculous. I know Bushmaster doesn't make the best rifle in the world, but c'mon.... bad design FTL. You're right though, of AR's Rock River does make a nice rifle. H&K's variant is like the AR that should have been. Little heat and carbon/fouling transfer to the bolt...the thing is a beast. I just hope they start selling the 416/417 to civi's.

The 6.8 SPC and the grendel are nice rounds, but they are rare right now and thus expensive to shoot. Only time will tell if they stay wildcat rounds or not. I think the U.S. military should adopt one of HK's 7.62 rifles with the 6.8 and 6.5 rounds as special application. Oh and definitely a .45 as the standard issue sidearm. Enough of this hi cap 9mm s**t. Maybe that new FN .45.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
sweet, i spent my money on a tattoo, new s**t for my bathroom, 6 shirts and paid $150 of credit car debit off

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm not a glock fan.
it will be one of many guns.. its funny it appears with glock people love them or hate them..
im going to try to put some rounds through it this weekend.. maybe..

..didnt read the whole thread but how exactly did you land on the .40? I was looking at one because of its compromise between stopping power/cal size and round capacity. However, I may just pick up a 9mm.. I really need to practice more.. 1 9mm to the head / chest > 1 .45 to the arm or complete miss ;)

..and where exactly are you looking for ammo? that's kinda on the expensive side..

..also, are you on any hand gun forums?

sorry for all the questions lol
i went with a 40 because after much being back and forth i think its probably the best compramise between mag capacity and stopping power... the ammo was picked up with the gun i was there so long that i wasnt being picky by the time i got to the ammo i purchased what was put on the counter.. lol and no not on any gun forums.. yet.. lol was out with tara last night looking at shotguns.. im definately getting a shotgun as my primary home defense weapon..

Tara and Anthony, get a damn room! :bluelol:
working on it ;)

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it will be one of many guns.. its funny it appears with glock people love them or hate them..
im going to try to put some rounds through it this weekend.. maybe..

Yeah thats true however I find that most poeple that dislike glocks have never owned one. You made a good choice, there isn't a more reliable semi auto on the market! There is a reason the vast majority of law enforcement officer carry them, they are extremely tough and they go bang every time you squeeze the trigger!

BTW for those who complain about the trigger the pull can very easily be lightened.

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Item

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i went with a 40 because after much being back and forth i think its probably the best compramise between mag capacity and stopping power... the ammo was picked up with the gun i was there so long that i wasnt being picky by the time i got to the ammo i purchased what was put on the counter.. lol and no not on any gun forums.. yet.. lol was out with tara last night looking at shotguns.. im definately getting a shotgun as my primary home defense weapon..
Why a shotgun? and any plans for mods on the glock?

This thread really makes me wonder.. why isnt there a gun thread? there's an off topic one, a drug one, but no gun thread. I really would love to see what people enjoy shooting and experiences and such because Im still on the fence about what I want my next purchase to be..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why a shotgun?
simple.. there is no single better home defense weapon..you can choose from a large variety of ammunition that best suits the enviorment you are in... and it is quite easy to hit someone with a shotgun blast even half asleep at 4 am... and of course there is NO more intimidating sound than that of a shotgun chambering a round...

this is what i plan to use as a primary home defense weapon.. although the Glock will generally be on me at all times when at home (as it has been since it was purchased)

and any plans for mods on the glock?
will I mod MY glock? lol what do you think :P

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I checked the IRS site with the calc thing and it said I didn't qualify.

But my best friend said she thought she didn't qualify either but got a check :what:. Who knows... Hopefully I do get one. I need to pay off my gay ass tuition for this spring semester and my credit card bill then I can start saving for whatever I want.

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
will I mod MY glock? lol what do you think :P
you have to post pics/make a thread when you do.. Im looking to change barrels to use different ammo

And yeah, the shotgun is effective for those reasons, but I guess it just depends on your house/apartment/living setup. My house is sorta small and is set up so that a shotgun would be the absolute worst possible weapon.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
now you just need to get to the range

my father bought a glock 17 last week. he had the 3.5lb trigger installed then bought the mech-tech carbine conversion and the .22lr conversion. he plans on shooting it for center fire AND .22 league

definitely look into the mech-tech carbine conversion. we've put close to 1500 rounds through his without a single miss or jam. it's pretty damn nifty.
http://www.mechtechsys.com/

i carry a glock 26 but i've never been a fan of the full frame glocks