worst day ever.... but happy ending?

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so today we decided to go to DC and check out the cherry blossoms....

http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/

well as you all know.... spring time is quite an eventful weather time as well...

well around here... for 2 days... it has been cold... windy... snowed... rained... all that BS..
today.. they forecasted.. 57° mostly sunny, 30% chance rain...

we leave here... its raining... we drive there... an hour and 15 min... it rained the whole way... we get there... sun for 10 min... then the wind picked up... im talking like 40MPH here... then... it was hailing and pouring rain...

i have 2 kids... in strollers... plus my nikon D40 on my hip.. not cool...

then.. all the sudden... it stops..15 min worth of rain... sun comes out... blue sky... all that goodness... for like an hour...

we decide to go ahead and walk the entire tidal basin... its like a 4 mile total walk. half way through... clouds are ROLLING in ... i mean.. they were on us in 20 min. all i have is a f**king cheap ass 5 dollar umbrella... yea... the wind f**ked that up.... the umbrella is in the garbage in the tidal basin now...

so... now im about soaked... we take refuge under a tree and wait it out... the wind kicked up the waves in the tidal basin... so now they are lapping at the side of the wall... and spraying us 20 ft away under a tree... yup... i was fumed at this point in the trip.

well... it passed 30 min later.. and was sunny and beautiful the rest of the day... we get almost back to hte metro... and we discover someone just had a wedding on the national mall... and they are all nice and dressed up when the hail showed up.

anyway... the happy ending...

im strolling along the tidal basin.... just about to cross the bridge... i look over....what seems to be an empty bench... with no one standing around it... and what do i see there... an electronic device....

turned out to be a Nikon Coolpix S6000

in my pocket it went... and on my way... i walk about 100 yds... and pull it back out.. snap a quick photo... just to make sure it worked.. i mean really... i wouldve tput it back down on another bench if it was busted or something. snapped a great photo of the cherry blossoms... and moved on...

just got back home here... and pulled it out.. was going through the photos real quick... there were 65 pics on it... with time stamps.. so.... the camera wasnt on that bench 8 minutes before i picked it up... and according to the pictures... the previous owner was walking in the opposite direction i was..

a few more photos revealed that at 1:45AM today the previous owner was in times square... and at 10:30AM this morning... they were at the hard rock in washington DC....

and on 3/26/11 they went to madison square garden to take in a basketball game.

also tuned out to be a pair of asian chicks. age unknown... but obviously old enough to go to a basketball game at the garden by themselves..... for those that dont know... madison square garden isnt exactly the best part of town in NYC...

so anyway... i went through the menu of the camera real quick... to discover.... i cannot read a single word in the menu... after some quick thinking i went to google... and started matching the symbols according to what nikon said was the language choices for the camera... lol

turned out to be the korean language... so.. quick facts... asian chicks are korean.. and i cant determin if they are/were on vacation from korea.. or perhaps in school here somewhere?

the camera is in overal great shape.. but.. it was dropped where the flash is.. and there is a huge dent in that corner... the metal is bulged out right above the flash... it doesnt affect the functionality.

so thats that..

sorry for my boring story... but hey... i got a camera out of the deal..

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
cliffs notes please, im drunk and really dont wanna read

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no way man... i was :biz: when i typed that...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
s***ty weather. He found a camera.
:rolf: that's pretty much it.

The only part I found interesting was the part where the menu was in Korean and that I'm Korean too :lol:. I probably would've recognized it instantly, although I can't read any of it.

There's a local Lilac Festival here every year. I used to go all the time back when I had a girlfriend and s**t. Now there's no sense in going lol. But it's really cool. Lots of events, live music, I think even shows, tons of food / shop vendors, etc. It's really cool and always packed. Plus the lilac's are always beautiful to smell and look at.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol I knew someone was gonna bust my balls about that one...

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should have left the camera there... wouldn't you be pissed if it was yours and you came back looking for it?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You'll get karma for stealing the camera.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Naw, its a Nikon.
First of all hey f**k you lol

Second of all, your gonna get karma for stealing a camera... But it's hard to say, do you just "leave" the camera? Or do you stay for like 10 min waiting for the owner to come back?

SHRUG

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:rolf: that's pretty much it.

The only part I found interesting was the part where the menu was in Korean and that I'm Korean too :lol:. I probably would've recognized it instantly, although I can't read any of it.

There's a local Lilac Festival here every year. I used to go all the time back when I had a girlfriend and s***. Now there's no sense in going lol. But it's really cool. Lots of events, live music, I think even shows, tons of food / shop vendors, etc. It's really cool and always packed. Plus the lilac's are always beautiful to smell and look at.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn that's a really NICE phone.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how did i steal it? i rightfully found it... i

it was on and unattended bench...

if you saw 100 bux on that bench... would you take it? i would...

it just sux that the 40 other people who walked past... didnt see the camera and take it for themselves.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wack, I was getting more and more anxious for you to come across nudes of these Asian Korean's.

Rich-PMS

Registered VIP
You said you saw time stamps that were 8 minutes before you picked it up. Which means the camera was probably only sitting there for 5 minutes... They couldve been on their walk back looking for it.

And the 40 other people that walked by probably DID see it, and figured the owner of it would come looking for it once they realized they left it somewhere.