worst install ever

95civiccx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so today i brought my car to get the stereo installed, i decided to go with a 400watt 4 channel clarion amp with my infity reference 6x9 and 6 1/2. to make a long story short they did the sloppiest job ever. wires all over the place, i asked then to run the wire from the amp to the deck in the panel and they didnt do that, they ran both the power and stereo wires on the same side and that is causiong alot of interference, not to mention the powerr wire under the hood was basically just hanging aroudn with pieces of wire showing and actually caused a spark once. so i brought it back and they said they will fix it on tuesday and i was just wondering if u guys could help my make a list of things that i shpould make sure are done. oh and do you think its bad that i dont have grills from the speakers on my rear deck??

ps: i know the owners son very well and if they mess up again i will tell him and they will really get straightened out, so dont hesitate to add obnixiously tedious things to the list

thanks
mark

Dozer313

In pure bliss
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
make sure all the wires are ziptied and loomed together every 3 inches. zip ties should be painted to match the car(you said add obnixiously tedious things)

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
........ who installed this? I'd want my money back and wouldn't take it there again. f**k that.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
^^^^ what she said, you're just asking for trouble if you let idiots mess with your cars wiring...

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It sounds like you know more about installs than they do, lol, why didnt you do it yourself?