would you purchase a mod'd car

mule

5+ Year Member
the civic coupe is getting too small

alright here is the autotrader id: AT-DB53B19

the question is would you purchase this car set up this way? i have never really been into lowering, and other than that i dont have a problem with the way the car is set up. i understand that you would test drive it and everything. but what is the consensus.

and if you feel that you must to flame me go ahead.

SpazzCivic00

5+ Year Member
I would shy myself away from buying a modified car. It all depends though if it is cleanly moded for riced out...I was told that since I have a heavy subwoofer and box, that I would need to lower my car with a nice set of coilovers. I'm not still unsure of doing that but right now a system on stock suspension isn't good either

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what do u mean the civic coupe is getting too small ? no its not. it gets bigger with every year, and frankly, i dont like it one bit. IMO honda should just make an anniversary season sale or sum s**t with EG hatches and coupes, same body style/frame down to the shift knob. that s**t would sell like ice cream on a hot day

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just post the damn link.

mule

5+ Year Member
what do u mean the civic coupe is getting too small ? no its not. it gets bigger with every year,
yeah i mean my 96 coupe. but yeah 4 doors is much more conducive to carrying kids in car seats

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what do u mean the civic coupe is getting too small ? no its not. it gets bigger with every year, and frankly, i dont like it one bit. IMO honda should just make an anniversary season sale or sum s**t with EG hatches and coupes, same body style/frame down to the shift knob. that s**t would sell like ice cream on a hot day
He meant his....lol. A whole post dedicated to nothing. :lol:

And that car doesn't look to badly modded. I think its actually pretty nice looking.

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd be okay with it only if it was in good condition, regardless of mods. A lot of times when people are selling "modded" vehicles though, there are problems with the cars. That's why they're getting rid of them. Just my 2 cents

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
W/E, i dont like the car in the pic anyway.

and ya why dont u buy a stock car like higheo said

mule

5+ Year Member
i actually like this, has factory options that i want on a car + it has some mods that i would do.

i just wanted the opinion of other car enthusiast type ppl, to weather they would purchase a slightly modded car.

thanks for all the replies

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
W/E, i dont like the car in the pic anyway.

and ya why dont u buy a stock car like higheo said

Bias.

I would say go for it. Its nice, and clean. And not even modded to much. I dont really even see to many mods. It looks like a great car.

trunkmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i guess if u want a "station wagon" then yea that look nice and not heavily modified but i dont like big cars so i wouldn't get it plus its a mazda...lol j.k.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Its a mazda.....

With the mods that he did, I don't think you have anything to worry about...its not like he turbo'd it or swapped the engine. I think you'd be fine getting that.

02hondaEx

k20a
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go for it , all i know in my opinion i think people that sale there cars like example a two door civic em1 with springs or coilovers, they probably had there car modded alot and probably drove the s**t out of it before selling it completely stock, then put it back to stock except the lowering cause its a pain to put originals suspension in.

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well if your going to get a larger car for a family and buying a modded car babies do NOT like bouncing cars i had lowered my car and with the bounce my other half family hates it. the car though is awsome my brother has one lowered and rides real nice. but buying a modded car takes the fun out of modding it.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
doesn't look to bad, I always liked the protege's look, not like the grandma station wagons

jonmaltese6thg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
y a yellow protege for 8900$ u can get a fkin new clean integra gsr which would be so much nicersrry but i would shop way harder with 9 grand rather than buying a yellow protege, but heh its ur money and reputation LMAO at car