Would you?

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Would you buy a part for your current motor even though youre planning to swap in about 2 months? My friend is currently tearing down some things in his crx and preparing for a b16 swap.. his d15 had a few mods, si intake manifold, si distrubtor, aem fuel rail, airmass header, etc. etc. but he asked me if Id like to buy his aem cam gear.. he bought it a while back and never got the chance to install it, so its brand new.. since hes getting a new motor, he has no use for it.. so he offered it to me for $50 and would help me bolt it on.. should I go for it, and just sell it in 2 months or so when I get a swap.. or just save my cash for something else? Im stumped..

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$50....take it, I go 1 for 50 and still havent used it 7 months later, but its still goig to be used some day. I say if its cheap and you will use it, get it

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
neojen said:
Would you buy a part for your current motor even though youre planning to swap in about 2 months? My friend is currently tearing down some things in his crx and preparing for a b16 swap.. his d15 had a few mods, si intake manifold, si distrubtor, aem fuel rail, airmass header, etc. etc. but he asked me if Id like to buy his aem cam gear.. he bought it a while back and never got the chance to install it, so its brand new.. since hes getting a new motor, he has no use for it.. so he offered it to me for $50 and would help me bolt it on.. should I go for it, and just sell it in 2 months or so when I get a swap.. or just save my cash for something else? Im stumped..
i say just be patient and save your money. Even after you install the cam, you still need to get it tuned.
I know it's only $50, but that's still $50 that could go towards your swap.

OR... buy if from him for $50 and immediately put it on ebay for $70... just my 2 cents

b16_delslow

"THE MAN"
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
save the money. go with the swap.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i'd say jusy buy, then when you swap you can turn around and sale it yourself then.

Ace$nyper

jspeczcturbo said:
i'd say jusy buy, then when you swap you can turn around and sale it yourself then.
a good point

Both ideas work what i say is can you live with the D15 for few more months? If so just save if not buy them

I just bite the bullet waited now i have enough saved for a nice header or somthing but its going into my LSD fund *quaife*

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
yeah I thought about that, I figure since its a good buy for $50.. say I used it for 2 monthes I could still get $50 off of it, and my friend already said he'd buy it off me for his civic when I didnt need it... so really no loss in funds, just time of the money.. so Ill probably go for it..

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
see i make a good point, and if you have another friend who will buyit from you then, like you said what do you have to loose, but nothing.