wow big problems

Honda_Racing

5+ Year Member
ok so the other day i got to drive another honda civic si and im not talking about just an engine swap i mean the real deal well his was near stock and the vtec would kick in so hard that the tires would break lose well then i was sitting there thinking wow i have a 95 coupe with a b16 almost fully built and when i punch mine the car just gets louder right so i got to wondering wow something wrong with my car right so i had my friend build me the wires from obd1 to obd2 so i can match the right ecu to my engine well damn it ran better but i cant fell vtec i can tell when the fule maps change at high RPM's that all so we hooked a volt tester up to the vtec solenoid and its getting a constant 14volts and i reved it to where the fule maps changed and nothing changed so some one want to tell me whats wrong with my car

KLiK

5+ Year Member
if there is no kick, the solenoid isn't opening!

either the signal don't get to solenoid
or the solenoid doesn't work
or the oil filter in solenoid is busted (the one you get with the VTEC gasket)

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
whats his mods? and what are yours?

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Vtec isn't supposed to kick so hard that the tires break loose. It's supposed to be a smooth transition.

KLiK

5+ Year Member
Vtec isn't supposed to kick so hard that the tires break loose. It's supposed to be a smooth transition.
:shock: :lol: :lol:
maybe on D motors that is a smooth...but on B series, it really kick you back in the seat! as is on early K series...

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
make sure solenoid is actually getting the 12v signal when its supposed to in order to open. i believe you need a data logger to check that. also take it off and make sure the filter screen is not clogged.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:shock: :lol: :lol:
maybe on D motors that is a smooth...but on B series, it really kick you back in the seat! as is on early K series...
wow you must be driving some hardcore ass b series.

lewis_lsi

5+ Year Member
I got a B15b7 and i dont fink i have vtec, but mine sometimes kicks so hard that the wheels will spin in gear change up to 3rd and thrown back in my seat. nd iv just got a toyo inudction kick and some noisey backbox lol.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow you guys must be having some hidden turbo or nitrous that kicks in, in high rpms or something. ive rode in too many hondas and ive never had vtec put me in my seat like you guys say. now, ive rode in 1 car, a fully built ls/vtec N/A, that car put me in my seat, BUT it was making over 250+whp.. now, ive rid in BOOOOSTED cars, that put me in my seat..

wtf is you guys talking about with stock motors pulling your ass into your seat and making you feel like you on a rocketshipshitthefuckwtflmaoisthisworthlesswtf????

lewis_lsi

5+ Year Member
maybe you just aint putting enough weight under your foot :P
good gear change goes a long way also.
not that it would make any difference between a stock and boosted car :lol: lol

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in first gear when i stomp it around 3k the rpms jump up so fast it gets into vtec real quick and the tires break loose and it spins into second. my car made power very smoothly thru the rpm band with no huge jump into vtec but its obvious that right into vtec you make more power. b16's dont have too much power, i have never seen a b16 break loose when its floored, but i have never been around a fully built b16.

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you have a dent in your oil pan it will cause vtec to not engage, same goes for if your vss isnt getting the signal to the ecu that its working.
as for vtec sitting you back it should be a smooth cross over and not a kick in the nuts like you say. if you wanna be a ricer that bad just roll down the window and scream OH s**t VTAK!!!!!! and maybe you will feel it better

Honda_Racing

5+ Year Member
so what if the coupe is old my coupe weights a hell of a lot less than an si does this coupe almost has nothing in it but 2 front seats now and stock si rims with no f**king wing and yes i built the suspension to handle the power first but i will tell you this my military friend has an almost stock dy17 2000 civic 4 door and it breaks tires loose at 4g it can kick my civic ass off the line so but also if the head gasket is blown how can i tell?
and how can i fix the vtec problem if the wire isn't getting signal??

here is what its got
Engine
b16a2
obd2 p2t
mugen muffler
full custom race exhaust
dc headers
Short Shifter
bigger injectors
aem cold air intake
INTERIOR;
2 front seats and the s**t you need to drive
Exterior
front lip
si rims
suspension:
fron brace
rear brace
kyb shocks
toyo tires

see something wrong with the picture where did all my horse power go and acceleration i cant come off the line fast any more

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so what if the coupe is old my coupe weights a hell of a lot less than an si does this coupe almost has nothing in it but 2 front seats now and stock si rims with no f**king wing and yes i built the suspension to handle the power first but i will tell you this my military friend has an almost stock dy17 2000 civic 4 door and it breaks tires loose at 4g it can kick my civic ass off the line so but also if the head gasket is blown how can i tell?

here is what its got
Engine
b16a2
obd2 p2t
mugen muffler
full custom race exhaust
dc headers
Short Shifter
bigger injectors
aem cold air intake
INTERIOR;
Exterior
front lip
si rims
suspension:
fron brace
rear brace
kyb shocks
toyo tires

see something wrong with the picture where did all my horse power go and acceleration i cant come off the line fast any more
ok first of all, all of your mods net you about a 4whp gain. basically...NOTHING. sorry to break it to you, your bigger injectors dont equal bigger power....so, thats a pointless mod for you.

secondly...."where did all of my horsepower go?"....you only had 160hp to begin with and what hurts you even more with that measly b16 is the heart wrenching 113trq. sorry, but nothing about your motor gives me a boner, but maybe you erect easier than i. all i can say is maybe get a clutch....or look into some other REAL mods... i.e. boost.

goodluck on your vtec adventures and all of the bolster blowing your seats can handle from the magic of VTECCCCC

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok first of all, all of your mods net you about a 4whp gain. basically...NOTHING. sorry to break it to you, your bigger injectors dont equal bigger power....so, thats a pointless mod for you.

secondly...."where did all of my horsepower go?"....you only had 160hp to begin with and what hurts you even more with that measly b16 is the heart wrenching 113trq. sorry, but nothing about your motor gives me a boner, but maybe you erect easier than i. all i can say is maybe get a clutch....or look into some other REAL mods... i.e. boost.

goodluck on your vtec adventures and all of the bolster blowing your seats can handle from the magic of VTECCCCC

I agree. With all that you are maybe making the stock 160 hp to the wheels. I just don't know what to say. Your car is slow because your motor is basically stock.

Oh and watch your floorboards around that vtec.

KLiK

5+ Year Member
guys, just try the cars in different gear and on the rpms from 4000-7000! on the D series 5000rpms is the VTEC kick in...on the B series it's the 5500rpms...if it kicks on that rpms, it kicks...if not, VTEC isn't working or the motor is (probably) busted!

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

here is what its got
Engine
b16a2
obd2 p2t
mugen muffler
full custom race exhaust - wtf is a full custom race exhaust ?
dc headers
Short Shifter
bigger injectors - why needed?
aem cold air intake
INTERIOR;
Exterior
front lip
si rims
suspension:
fron brace
rear brace
kyb shocks
toyo tires

anyways im not trying to clown on you or anything but i think what your feeling is maybe the torque in your friends car? he probably has alot more work done than you. you pretty much only have basic bolt ons, if you want to actually feel more gains, switch the injectors back to the stock ones, it should be enough to support your "monster" build.

let me get this straight also, your friend drives a dy17 ??

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
vtec is overrated. I've been in a few B's and H's and all that I experienced was a higher exhaust note. No kick, no "boost", no "poppin". It was all really disappointing.

Also, its helpful to make sure that your vtec fluids are topped off.

civicturbo91

professional bitchslapper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
guys, just try the cars in different gear and on the rpms from 4000-7000! on the D series 5000rpms is the VTEC kick in...on the B series it's the 5500rpms...if it kicks on that rpms, it kicks...if not, VTEC isn't working or the motor is (probably) busted!

i dont know exactly when a stock d goes into v tec but thats not right. i thinks its like 5900 for the D and a stock B.

and i have a D and the only time i spin is when i hit second and i chirp 3rd. my brother has a poor mans type R and his v tec sounds violent as hell but its a smooth transition.