WOW coolant leaking unknown from where

tkangaroo11305

5+ Year Member
wow this week is a effen bad week first got my phone jack, now stereo and stuff in the car jack and vandalized
anyways sad effen story
today i found out that my coolant is completely gone, empty from the radiator and the reservoir tank
i thought i saw leaks from the radiator head but there wasn't any fluid on the floor(after leaving the car there on, and for a good 2-3 hours)
i add more water and drove to auto to buy some prestone came back half my water is gone and there's still no leak
and one of my belts is screeching as a mother effer
is there anyways i can trouble shoot it to see if my leak is internal or can is be the water pump?

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can let the shop test it. for like 35 bucks. or. you can buy a kit and do it yourself. you take the rad cap off. pump it and watch the gauge. if it losses pressure, your leaking somewhere. if it holds pressure, your good. putting water into it might be the thing causing it becuase it can boil off wo showing leaks. when your thermostat is open, does the water swirl? if so, your water pump is good. as for the belt, just push down on one of them, tighten the loose one. no biggie. good luck

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did the pump test show anything or did you find it?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Notice any white smoke while driving?